Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who may not know me but those who do , I do a first oil change video and I do a good job I think. So hoping to do the first one on the Crv and going to ask you all here

What would you like to see? Post below your thoughts , suggestions comments.

And I be happy to put you in the credits in the youtube video.

I thought I ask now so when that oil change comes I can put things together and go from there

FISH

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would REALLY like a video on how to check the CVT fluid. It is my understanding that it has to be done below the car, after removing some sort of "under belly" plate?
(See why I need to watch a good video?)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can confirm that the CR-V doesn't need to be on jackstands to change the oil, unless of course you want to. At least on my AWD Touring model there was enough clearance to change my oil and filter without jackstands and really, without effort.

The bottom plate is insanely simple to remove, a lot of half-turn aluminum screws and three metal full thread screws.

In my oil change thread I posted the torque specs which I think are the most important things to know - I won't repost them here again to avoid making a mistake on those numbers.

I think if you go over the A01 vs A02 filter differences it would be great. And if you share with the forum what came out of the factory in your car.

If you post appropriate steps to clean the surface area of the filter (something a lot of people don't do) and how to gently and properly install the filter will go a long way to prevent people from leaking.

Finally, if you go over the importance of the crush washer and replacing it every time - also key in my opinion.

I plan to have very neat oil changes for the life of the car. If you were to look under my car (sorry no photos) I kept things as clean as new after the oil change. I hate messy oily stuff.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I must add, I have a huge jack and it was still not long enough to get enough leverage on the handle to lift the car from the center front lift point because it is so far into the center of the car approximately. So if you do want to lift the car, plan to have a big jack and pump a lot. I recommend buying jackstands with a secondary (two total) locking mechanisms per jack stand for added safety and also use the jack (locked) as a third precautionary device - maybe even wheels and other things. If you have no experience in this area (level surface, quality jack stands, chocks for the rear wheels, etc) do not attempt.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gathered the info needed. and was at the dealer for $7.00 plus per Qt of OW-20 Synthetic. they could not answer how many Qts needed.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3.7 if you replace the filter, 3.4 (or so) if you don't. It says it on the manual in detail actually.
thank you 4 Qts will look into they did a pretty good thing to lessen the oil capacity,

Servicing the 2017 Honda CR-V
Honda CR-V models are equipped with a Maintenance Minder, which alerts drivers when maintenance is due. When it’s time for maintenance, the system message indicator comes on and a message appears on the display every time the driver turns on the vehicle. It will display a main maintenance item and sub items. Each item corresponds to a code:

Code A:
• Replace engine oil; if a Maintenance Minder message does not appear more than 12 months after the display is reset, change the engine oil every year.

Code B:
• Replace engine oil and filter
• Check brake pads and discs for wear, damage and cracks
• Check calipers for damage, leaks and tightness of mounting bolts
• Inspect tie-rod ends
• Inspect steering gearbox
• Check gearbox boots for damage and leaking grease
• Inspect suspension components; check bolts for tightness
• Check condition of ball joint boots for deterioration and damage
• Check driveshaft boots for cracks and boot bands for tightness
• Inspect brake hoses and lines
• Check master cylinder and VSA modulator-control unit for damage and leakage
• Inspect engine coolant level and condition
• Inspect CVT fluid level and condition
• Inspect rear differential fluid level and condition (AWD only)
• Inspect brake fluid level and condition
• Inspect windshield washer fluid
• Check catalytic converter heat shields, exhaust pipes and muffler for damage, leaks and tightness
• Inspect fuel lines; check for loose connections, cracks and deterioration; retighten loose connections and replace damaged parts

Code 1:
• Rotate tires and check tire inflation and condition

Code 2:
• Replace air cleaner element
• Replace dust and pollen filter
• Inspect drive belt for cracks and damage; then check the position of drive belt auto-tensioner indicator

Code 3:
• Replace CVT fluid

Code 4:
• Replace spark plugs

Code 5:
• Replace engine coolant

Code 6:
• Replace rear differential fluid (AWD only)
Code 7:
• Replace brake fluid

Every 15,000 miles (24,000 km):
• Replace air cleaner element if vehicle is driven in dusty conditions
• Replace dust and pollen filter if vehicle is driven primarily in urban areas that have high concentrations of soot in the air from industry and diesel-powered vehicles

Every 25,000 miles (40,000 km):
• Change transmission fluid if vehicle is driven in mountainous areas at very low speeds or tows a trailer

Every 36 months:
• If the Maintenance Minder indicator does not appear more than 36 months after the last brake fluid replacement, replace brake fluid

Fluids & Capacities
Motor Oil: API 0W-20; capacity is 3.4 quarts (3.2 liters) for 1.5L engine without filter, 3.7 quarts (3.5 liters) for 1.5L engine with filter, 4.4 quarts (4.2 liters) for 2.4L engine without filter and 4.6 quarts (4.4 liters) for 2.4L engine with filter
CVT Fluid: Honda HCF-2; capacity is 4.5 quarts (4.3 liters) for AWD models and 3.9 quarts (3.7 liters) for 2WD models
Coolant: Honda Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2, and if necessary add Honda Extreme Cold Weather Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2 as needed for prolonged cold temperatures below -22 F (-30 C); capacity is 1.64 gallons (6.2 liters) for 1.5L engine and 1.66 gallons (6.3 liters) for 2.4L engine
Differential fluid: Honda DPSF-II; capacity is 1.3 quarts (1.2 liters) S

[[At a Glance: 2017 Honda CR-V
Motor Oil: API 0W-20
Capacity: 3.7 quarts (3.5 liters) – 1.5L engine with filter
4.6 quarts (4.4 liters) – 2.4L engine with filter]]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All my new cars since the 70's I change out when 300-500 hit. As no one likes hour long video's I will have to edit down to 90 seconds. it is a long video. thank you

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NP: Lol I had to simply edit 8 minutes of yap out. Also dam camera angle of the pour. lol Happy fathers day all stay tuned will be up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts