Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long should you wait to do your first oil change? I have about 700 miles on the odometer and the maintenance minder is showing 80% oil life. Is that something I should be concerned about? It seems like the oil life is possibly not what it use to be?

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,640 Posts
Our owners manual has lots of reliable info for us. Check it out!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
Our owners manual has lots of reliable info for us. Check it out!
Its worth reminding new owners that the booklet that comes with the car is a Quick Start guide. :Darn:

the COMPLETE, ~700 page book is available on PDF from the Honda Ownerlink

http://owners.honda.com/

If you REALLY need to risk paper cuts, you can order a physical paper book for free within 6 months of your purchase.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
How long should you wait to do your first oil change? I have about 700 miles on the odometer and the maintenance minder is showing 80% oil life. Is that something I should be concerned about? It seems like the oil life is possibly not what it use to be?
Many say that the original oil contains more moly in it due to the moly coated parts during assembly and that it is a great idea to leave that original oil in there until the MM tells you to change it (probably around 10-15%) and that will probably be in the range of 5k-8k miles,depending on how it is being driven.
So, as others said, trust the MM for the 1st oil and filter change.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts