Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove to Colorado this past weekend to visit family and would like to share the experience. Gas mileage: Started the trip with 200 miles on the odometer. Highway stretches at speed speeds between 65-75 yielded 31mpg. On I-70 where the speed limit is 80mph, I saw 26mpg over 150 miles with cruise set at 84mph. Power: I was a little concerned that the 1.5T would disappoint me since I am use to the 250 hp 2.0 turbo in my 15 Subaru Forester XT. The 17 CRV has plenty of passing power both on the interstate and on two lane roads. Very pleased with the engine/transmission setup. The biggest surprise was the handling, it corners flat and made a mockery of several other vehicles trying to keep up with me in the twisties. Very secure on curvy roads. The steering is direct with very good feedback. Awesome seats, we were very comfortable on the five hour trip. There is some wind noise above 75mph but generally very quiet at highway speeds.
Overall very pleased with the new 17 CRV, but now I'm back driving my Forester with the awesome park bench seats.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also took a road trip in my Touring AWD from Los Angeles to Elko NV(about 1200 miles round trip). My MPG was was around 24-25 however I should note I was going 80-90 mph for most of the trip. Also in NV I noticed most of my trip I went thru several small towns that were a few thousand feet above sea level. Not sure how much elevation plays a part in MPG but thought I would mention it. Overall great trip. The adaptive cruise control was very helpful and made the long drive much easier.

·
Registered
95 Posts
great review. you really sound like a true driver. i hear the cx5 is the BEST handling and driving cuv in this class. but reviews say the crv is about there or not far behind. and 31 mpg is great for this class going 75 mph. ill take it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts