Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our first experience using the CR-V tent Memorial weekend. It was great! Setup took about an hour, I expect it will go faster the next time. The attachment to the vehicle is not seamless, so at night we closed the hatch and zipped up the screen to prevent bugs from entering. On Sunday we had to run into town and unhooking from the car took about 2 minutes. We decided to leave the car unattached for the last night and used the tent as a stand alone. Lots of curious folks stopped by at the campsite to ask about the tent. It is spacious enough to stand in and I liked having access to the vehicle so we didn't need to put everything in the tent. My only disappointment is that the right side rain cover does not have an opening where the tent window is. Thought that was strange considering the thought that went into all other aspects of the tent. No big deal. The tent already paid for itself in saved hotel charges after just one weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Pretty cool. Was it worth the extra money? I just use a Coleman stand alone tent.

·
Registered
776 Posts
MUCH better idea than the poster a month or so ago who was bound and determined to put one on the roof !! I assume this is a Honda accessory ?? Craig

·
Registered
121 Posts
The 2018's will offer the CRV roof top tent as an accessory for those evil kenevil type individuals. :)

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Coastie - I think the money was worth it. The tent paid for itself considering we usually stay in a $100+ per night Hilton and this was a 3-night stay. We did like being able to have 'stuff' in the car and have access to it. Left more space in the tent and we didn't have to bend to the ground all the time. I'm 40's and he is in his 50's - these things become important ;-) Others may not care about such things.
Craig - yes this is a Honda accessory. I did see some off-market for less, but chose to purchase the one that was intended for this vehicle through Honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts