Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have european edition of CR-V year 2010 with projector headlight. The bulb is H1. I bought a Xenon kit on the web and found out two problems.

One is "flicking" of the lights when starting up the car. My lights turn on automaticaly when before I start the engine (when the key is in the middle position). Based on what I read on the web I am thinking that the problem is the wireing, so I ordered the relay-kit that is connected directly to the battery. I am curently waiting for delivery so I am not yet sure about this.

The other - bigger - issue is the shade that is seen in the lighted field. The lighted field is much better (altough I replaced 50W halogen with 35W xenon), but the two shades really bother me. I figured out that the shades are caused by the xenon bulb electrode which is is my case on the upper side of the bulb. Since I have projector light the field is turned upsied down, therefor the shade from electrode.
I cannot insert the bulb differently becuuse of the plastic fitting inside the headlight that prevents me to insert the bulb differently.
So my question is - did anyone managed to solve this problem? Replace or modify this plastic fitting or something else?

Regards, B

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have to get 4200k color of the xenon kit to get the halogen shade (yellowish white).

Remove the switch from auto to avoid the lights from turning on when the key is in the middle. And yes, the lights will flick whenth theyre turned on bec of the technology of these xenon kits. Nothing we can change.

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I know that my first post was not clear. I am not wondering about the shade (color) of the xenon light, but the shadow that is seen on the road as a thin line from each headlight. I guest this is caused because I cannot install the bulb in the way that electrode would be facing down. If I could then I think I wouldn't see this shadow. So the question is - can I replace or modify the plastic "cap" through which the bulb must go in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does this "shadow" look like the picture I attached? If so, this is normal. It's known as the "cut off" of the projector. The projector has a small shield/barrier that prevents the light from shining too high to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. There is no adjustment for this cut off. All you can do is adjust the aim of your headlights up or down.

As for your flicking headlights, does your vehicle have daytime running/driving lights? For us in the US that upgrade to a HID headlight, we have to remove the fuse for the daytime running light to avoid the new headlights from being on all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does this "shadow" look like the picture I attached? If so, this is normal. It's known as the "cut off" of the projector. The projector has a small shield/barrier that prevents the light from shining too high to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. There is no adjustment for this cut off. All you can do is adjust the aim of your headlights up or down.

As for your flicking headlights, does your vehicle have daytime running/driving lights? For us in the US that upgrade to a HID headlight, we have to remove the fuse for the daytime running light to avoid the new headlights from being on all the time.
Is yours just a drop in HID kit to the halogen case? I'm looking a HID or LED solution. I don't mind removing the fuse for the DRLs. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.