Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does using Fix-a-Flat (the can you can use to temporarily re-inflate and "patch" a falt tire) have any disadvantages? I have heard that it can clog tire pressure sensors, but it seems that the Gen 5 tire pressure monitoring system doesn't use sensors in the tires.

From my 2019 Owner's Manual:

"Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Instead of directly measuring the pressure in each tire, the TPMS on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tire while you are driving to determine if one or more tires are significantly under-inflated. This will cause the low tire pressure/TPMS indicator to come on and a message to appear on the driver information interface."

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
try it let us all know.

·
Banned
131 Posts
17&18 (assuming 19 uses same system) doesn't have tmps sensors in the tire/wheel. Tmps system used by crv is based on rotating speed of the wheel (abs sensor) to determine the of tire pressure. This system wont give you actual tire pressure reading hence no is no PSI display on the dash. You will be safe to use fix a flat as there is no actual tmps sensor in the tires.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
FYI: twice now (during the past 10 days,) I've had to visit my Wally World for a tire repair.

$10 per repair, and it's done properly: remove the tire, remove the object, clean and patch. Re-balance tire.

Unless you are already carrying some Slime then it's no more inconvenient than what I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts