Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On A 2011 CRV , I know there are 2 different indicator lights for the anti theft systems; one for the audio system (right near the radio controls) and one for the main anti theft system on the main dash panel (just below the gear selection indicator). I know that the audio system light blinks continuously, but have never noticed the other one did. Now, after locking the vehicle from the outside, this red light now flashes continually. Starts with 9 slow flashes and then begins to flash more rapidly and doesn't shut off. Stays on until the car is unlocked. Is this normal and I'm just having a senior moment and never noticed it before or is this abnormal.

Thanks
Howard B

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Guessing it's just a Geritol moment.

It's supposed to flash, obviously meaning, it's doing it's job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like Howard, I have always seen the indicator by the radio flash. But last night, after locking my 2009 CR-V using the remote, I noticed a round, very bright red indicator light flashing just below and to the right of the P R N D 2 1 gear indicators. I am certain I have never seen this particular indicator light flash. My wife has a 2011 CR-V, and there is not a light flashing in the same position on her dash, although the one near the radio does flash, just like mine has always done. What is the light below and to the right of the 1 for?
Thank you, in advance.
Vince

1 - 4 of 4 Posts