Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on, on my 2001 CRV. Had the codes read and it said it was missing on all 4 cylinders. Changed out plugs & wires & it came back on a couple months later. I took it to a mechanic & he changed out the timing belt...same thing happened. He also checked the valves & said the were fine. Then the engine light would blink when idiling at a stop light when it first started driving but after driving a while, did not do it again. Now it is blinking almost every time I idile at stop light. If I rev-up the rpm's it stops flashing but stays on. It is idiling around 500 rpm's when this happens...without the ac or anything else on. I have not noticed it effecting the gas mileage & is not running rough, other than idiling low.

Any information would be helpfull. As a women I have had some very bad experiences with mechanics taking advantage of the fact I am not knowledgable about these kind of things.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I had to have the distributor replaced in mine as the bearings wore out. It seemed to run fine most of the time, but had a really rough low idle. I didn't have a check engine light until one day I was backing into the driveway and it stalled. Started back up fine and then the light was on, but not blinking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts