Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 3,000 miles on my new CR-V LX - my previous car was a 2000 CR-V - I liked the older car but it developed problems starting reliably and my mechanic couldn't fix it.

What's the flashing red light on the dash? As I understand it, the car can't be started without the key (and its chip) being close by - but there's no real alarm \ anti-theft system, is there?

I've read all kinds of "wisdom" about when to expect rated MPG - right away, 3,000 miles, 5,000 miles - right now, I'm approach 30 MPG around town WITHOUT ECON - on a recent 5 hour highway trip, WITH ECON, I got less than 30 MPG - probably cause I was driving around 70 - 80 MPH - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance . . .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just did a 6 hour trip in my 2013 AWD running legal speed limit (80 in SD and 70-75 in IA and NE.) Averaged 33 with econ OFF. She's got about 13K miles on her. 2 adults, 3 dogs, weekend luggage, dog crates, etc. FIY, I LOVE the CRV....HATE the way it performs with econ ON. Used it once driving home from dealership. Never turned it on again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
33 MPG sounds more like what I was hoping for - although I was surprised to see ya getting that at 70 and 80 - I *thought* that the factory estimates were done at 55 - I also thought that the AWD got less MPG than the FWD - but I'm not sure about either. If I get 33 on a trip, I'll be a happy guy - I'm currently getting close to 30 around town with ECON OFF. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, I've always believed AWD costs about 2 mpg. It's very flat here and the trip was all interstate with only about 5 miles on surface streets. But, I have averaged 28 mpg for all 13K miles which includes a lot of surface street driving, idling to warm her up in cold SD winters and the reduced mpg that comes along with winter driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now, with ECON off and mostly local driving, I'm at 29.6 MPG as shown on the display - what's weird, is that I'm seeing an increase in the MPG number as the gas tank gets lower and lower - next time I fill up the tank, I'll reset the trip odometer so I can calculate the actual MPG.

Something else - is there any difference between using the key fob to lock the car from outside the car, versus hitting the door lock switch from inside the car as I'm exiting the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts