Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 CRV has a flickering cargo light when I'm driving. The car symbol on my dash also changes from white to orange. I am sure there is just a pin or something that detects when the cargo door is open, and perhaps it's loose. I could not readily find it though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your rear hatch is not fully latched. I struggle with this on my CRV and Pilot. Make sure nothing is in the way when closing. If I go to pull up on the door to check that it is closed, I usually touch the latch pad and open it just enough to get the light to turn on. Pressing on the door to fully close usually does not work either. I have to open and shut again making sure I do not engage the open pad. From looking at the wiring diagrams, the door open alert is based on the latch circuitry going back to the computer module. No real sensor or switch outside of that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were absolutely right. I'm glad it was nothing more serious. I am brand new to the car. I haven't driven it a great deal yet. Thanks for the message.

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.