Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm wanting to lift the front and rear of my 2014 CR-V to do some maintenance on it. I want to lift the front of the car up so I can slide some pieces of 2x10s under them to give it a little clearance underneath for some maintenance. the same for the rear. I've asked several dealers in my area and they all tell me that I can't lift the front of the car with a floor jack. When I mention that previous Gen CR-Vs actually have arrows stamped on the lifting points (that look to be the same as my 2014, minus the arrows), they just tell me I'm wrong. Absolutely no help at all. They just tell me to use the lifting points on the sides of the car and lift it with the scissor jack supplied with the car from Honda.

I snapped some pics of what I believe are the proper lifting points for my car, but I don't have a service manual to confirm. Can anyone here confirm that these are the right points to safely lift the car? I certainly don't want to damage anything, but there's got to be a way to safely lift both front wheels off the ground (at the same time) with a floor jack, right? Same goes for the rear.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
MG

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had this question also and did a lot of digging

I use the front center one in the first pic as well the the loop/hook in the rear as a jack point no flexing under load at all
it has worked out well for my CR-V and CIVIC

20150627_123849.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far, everyone. Does anyone have a copy of the official Honda Service Manual for the 2012-2014 CR-V that they can check for me? If so, would you mind scanning the page and posting it here? Or you can PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks folks,
MG

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far, everyone. Does anyone have a copy of the official Honda Service Manual for the 2012-2014 CR-V that they can check for me? If so, would you mind scanning the page and posting it here? Or you can PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks folks,
MG
Just google it, Honda has it on line

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just google it, Honda has it on line
Not the FwSrM.

For example, for our Ridgelines, we have a several hundred page PDF,
2009_-_2013_Ridgeline_Factory_Workshop_Service_Repair_Manual

No official download exists for this document for 2012-2014 CRV

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not the FwSrM.

For example, for our Ridgelines, we have a several hundred page PDF,
2009_-_2013_Ridgeline_Factory_Workshop_Service_Repair_Manual

No official download exists for this document for 2012-2014 CRV
Ahh

My bad I read that as owners manual and not Factory Service Manual, why on earth would Honda give that out?

They want you to bring it in so they will likely keep that under wraps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts