Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just received my order from College Hills Honda, which I placed last Saturday but due to the holidays it shipped on Tuesday. Anyways, as the title says, i ordered the floor mats, cargo mat, and splash guards and I have to say that they are pretty nice. The fit of the floor mats is perfect. The cargo mat, however, I'm not so impressed with the fit and I also wish it had the same colors as the floor mats (bright baby blue). Also, the cargo mat can only be used on the lower position of the cargo floor, otherwise it would look awkward. I haven't installed the splash guards yet but once the weather permits I'll give them a try and update the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the same things put in to mine at the dealer and I completely agree, the cargo mat is awful! I'm not happy about the mat at all, it even looks a bit awkward with the floor in the lower position. Poorly done!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am waiting on Weathertech to make the custom floor liners for the 2017s. I got the cargo tray from Honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm. I had the dealer throw in the all weather mats for free in our purchase. They are perfect but there is no baby blue logo on mine. They have the CRV imprint just like the cargo cover.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have these as well. Hoping to install the splash guards today. Floor mats are good - the fit is perfect, and College Hills price of 115 is better than what the WeatherTech price was for the 2016 CRV, plus being winter I could not wait for them to get the 2017 version done.

The cargo tray is meh. The construction is very light, not the heavy rubber I was expecting (like my Subaru liner). I'm concerned about puncturing it if I'm not gentle with it. It fits OK, and will store under the cargo floor if you want to raise the cargo floor to its higher position, but it can't be used on top of the cargo floor in its higher position. That's not a big deal for me as I plan to keep the cargo floor in its lower position. I guess it's what you get for 67 bucks. If WeatherTech makes a cargo tray I may upgrade if the Honda tray doesn't hold up well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am looking at the floor mats. Does the baby blue logo look nice or garish? Also for the price of $119 how may mats do you get? Under quantitiy do I check 1 or 4? Sorry This question sounds dumb but this is first time I am buying floor mats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry Poolmom, we're all here to help each other. I was just like you, I wasn't sure whether to order the blue mats or the all black version, however, after installing them I have to say that they give a nice touch to the all black interior. To me, the blue is pretty bright. I don't know why the quality of the photos I posted is so bad but I have to say that I do like the color. Now, on the ordering side, make sure that the description of the item says that they're being sold as a set of 4 mats. If that's the case you should order only one. If you're ordering from College Hills Honda they all come together so you would add only 1 item to your cart. I'll leave the links below.

Black/Blue mats:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P17-TLA-120A.html

All Black mats:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P17-TLA-110.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also ordered all weather floor Mats, cargo net, mat, and mud guards from collegehills Honda. I received them on Thursday but been out of town. Will be putting them in about an hour. Mud guards I'll probably hold off until a nicer day later this week.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Very easy and the instructions are spot on. The only reason you need a pin is to start the hole for the new self tapping screws and the guide marking is built into the stock moulding. It should take 20 minutes to 1 hour total depending on your skill level.

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed the all weather floor mats. Quite impressed with the coverage of the back seat floor board. The front passenger side is very good, but not as impressed with the driver side. I could see so water or snow melt get underneath from the top. Very little coverage there. I figured Honda didn't want to have a Toyota like "sticking accelerator" issue on their hands.

The cargo net is nice. I used it when the family got groceries tonight. Little getting used to but it worked OK.

Not nearly impressed with the cargo cover. Even discounted from Collegehills Honda, don't really think it's worth $67. I'll probably keep it anyway.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My wife and I have had the cargo organizer ($56 at College Hills Honda) and find it to be the most useful accessory we've purchased for our 2004 CR-V, it's held up well for the past 13 years, we will be getting another one when we take delivery of our 2017 model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I received the same set from College Hills Honda. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to install the splash guards for a while, since it's pretty cold here right now. It was 10 degrees when I woke up this morning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received the splash guards this week and put it in without instructions a couple of days ago. I didn't think to come here to find the instructions already posted but luckily it was easy to figure out which clip goes where. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to install it.

I'll add that I don't have any type of handy skills.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The splash guards seem to me to be more of a cosmetic finish piece than a practical guard, but I do like the way they look and compliment the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts