Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have OEM Honda and I didnt like them simply because it doesn't cover enough coverage and the materials too thin. But I have weathertech floormats in my other car (civic) and I love it

Great video as always @fishycomics, love the different camera angles :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ive had weathertechs in past &they get very slick in the snow & rain.
On the crv i have the oem all weathers.

They are on memorial day sale roght now for $99 (black) and blue is $109
On collegehillshonda

·
Registered
2022 CRV Touring
569 Posts
Weathertech is what I use. Front, back and cargo mat. They are good BUT the impact areas, where your feet are 90 % of the time and where you push off to exit the vehicle, will turn to a grey color and the rest of the mat will be black. I have tried several things to bring back the black to those areas but not successful.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,550 Posts
I looked into Honda OEM, MaxLiner, WeatherTech, and Husky mats before making a final choice.

I went with the Husky mats.. and have really liked them. No regrets. Great fit, very durable, not slippery when they get wet, easy to clean and they have picked up no discolorations in the two years I have had them. Overall, excellent workmanship. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPBJD8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the cargo liner, I went with MaxLiner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K625NB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Honda OEM all Weather mats work fine for me. Although I do use a WeatherTech Mat for the cargo area.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have Husky Liners in my CRV. At 8 months one of the ridges had a crack where my foot rests and I had to have the Mats replaced under warranty (I posted pictures in another thread). They are great looking liners.

The Maxiperder on my Accord wore through after 2 years and replaced under warranty. They are starting to ware again where I rest my foot. They are fabric coated with a thin layer of plastic

Had Weathertechs for 8 years on my old Equinox No problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My brother in law is a GM for a large Honda Dealership in SoCal. Most of my wife's extended family drives Hondas because they all call him to "get a deal" when they want a new car. I live in NorCal and didn't want to impose so 8 months ago I bought an '18 CRV locally because I didn't want to impose. When my brother in law found out he said I should have gone through him, anyway. I didn't regret it but a week later he had his parts dept send a set of floormats and a cargo liner. They were all Weathertech. When I called to thank him he said they were better than the Honda ones. Tells you something.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
My brother in law is a GM for a large Honda Dealership in SoCal. Most of my wife's extended family drives Hondas because they all call him to "get a deal" when they want a new car. I live in NorCal and didn't want to impose so 8 months ago I bought an '18 CRV locally because I didn't want to impose. When my brother in law found out he said I should have gone through him, anyway. I didn't regret it but a week later he had his parts dept send a set of floormats and a cargo liner. They were all Weathertech. When I called to thank him he said they were better than the Honda ones. Tells you something.
I have a mix of Weather Tech and Honda OEM in my vehicle. No doubt the Weathertech mats are more durable but the Honda mats are thinner, softer and blend in more naturally into the Vehicle. If I was going off road constantly and had people with stones and mud on their shoes I would go Weathertech. For just the occasional wet or dirty shoes the Hondas work just fine and IMHO look better in the Vehicle.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I’d agree that the Weathertech’s offer far superior coverage over OEM but OEM”s look better, but that’s just my personal taste. I still prefer regular fabric floor mats but with mud and rain it’s just not practical and also the quality of the OEM floor mats are so poor (compared to Hondas of yore). Which leads to one thing I do like about the OEM all weather mats (which the Weathertech would also address) is that it covers the carpeting along the angled/vertical edge just inside the door sills. Because the quality of the carpeting is bad and I can tell it won’t last and won’t wear well, that particular part gets a lot of wear with people getting in and out of the car and all weather mats cover that part. Otherwise, once it’s stops raining I might switch back to the regular mats.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CRV EX
8 Posts
I bought the following on Amazon and they are GREAT!!!!

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat For Select Honda CR-V Models -
Kagu Rubber (Black)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I really like our full set of gray Weathertech. Good coverage for wet, nasty weather that is prevalent where I live, and the gray blends in well with my upholstery. It really makes a big difference in brightening up the interior of the vehicle.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I looked into Honda OEM, MaxLiner, WeatherTech, and Husky mats before making a final choice.

I went with the Husky mats.. and have really liked them. No regrets. Great fit, very durable, not slippery when they get wet, easy to clean and they have picked up no discolorations in the two years I have had them. Overall, excellent workmanship. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPBJD8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the cargo liner, I went with MaxLiner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K625NB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here's my replacement pair of Husky Liners that wore a hole where I rest my foot. I only wear sneakers. They are sending my 3rd set. I asked if these get a hole in 6 months and they will send me another set. Get Weathertechs
, I had them in a truck for 8 years no problems.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.