Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm sort of the opposite here...

For my wife's CR-V we have carpet mats...but I have looked into 'floor liners' for HER vehicle.

For ME -- I have tried floor mats for the winter and carpet mats in the summer and it does not work.

Why?

I am in and out of my vehicle in a very snowy area...the floor mats become covered in ice from my shoes/boots so in the winter carpet is better (currently it's -1F @2:30 PM).

In the spring I change out the carpet mats for floor mats and the rubber mats keep the mud in control...

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,213 Posts
I got the 3d Maxpiders.. they fit nice and snug.

my brother has weathertech in the front for his pickup. they are snug on the driver's side becuz they are locked down. but the passengers side, YUCK. they just move and slide all the time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update
I am not happy with the permanent scuffed appearance of our weather tech front premium mats. WT tells me this is to be expected due to normal wear and tear. The WT CSR stressed that I use their TechCare® FloorLiner and FloorMat Cleaner/Protector - KIT: Heavy-Duty Floor Mat Cleaning and Protecting Formula, Removes scuff marks, dirt and stains from floor mats,,Adds strong, durable coating without affecting finish of floor mats. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
The Weathertechs I have in my F250 have been there for years and still don't have a scuff mark. Hmmm. I hope this is not something that's gonna be an issue on my new CR-V ones. So far they are fine. Of course, I only ever wear tennis shoes. Can't wear boots due to an old injury.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I have never liked rubber mats, so, carpet it is. But I could see tolerating rubber mats in the worst of the winter months here if I had to. We really don't have the snow here like we used to.

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda CRV EX-L
421 Posts
I'm not in a major snow area. I only problem I have with the OEM floor mats is a lack of heel guard. Without the heel guard I would have a very worn area on the mat in about 6 month. Soon after buying my car in Jan 2018, I glued a vinyl hell guard onto the drivers mat. Mats still look great.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have never liked rubber mats, so, carpet it is. But I could see tolerating rubber mats in the worst of the winter months here if I had to. We really don't have the snow here like we used to.
What carpet mats did you install?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I borrowed my wife's CR-V to go up to my brother's new place which was/is very muddy. I used an old towel to keep the carpet mats clean. Worked fairly well and was cheap.
When I took my Accord up there the first time, I used towels again. That really became a pain so I made some rubber mats by going to Home Depot and getting some rubber carpet runner material. I took the carpet mats out and traced their outline on the runner material and cut it out with scissors. Used these rubber mats last time I went up there and they worked great. Cleaning the car up once I got home was no problem as all I had to do was take the rubber mats out and hose them off. I'll be using them any time I go up there in the future until he gets his concrete poured. While they wouldn't work with snow, they did a good job with the muddy conditions.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I also recommend WeatherTech. It's one of the best investments you can make for your CR-V. The first thing I do whenever I purchase a new car is to buy a set of WeatherTech floorliners. Plus, it helps the ressale value of your car. And best of all, it's an American made product! I've purchased at least six WeatherTech floorliners over the years.

https://www.weathertech.com/

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
That really became a pain so I made some rubber mats by going to Home Depot and getting some rubber carpet runner material. I took the carpet mats out and traced their outline on the runner material and cut it out with scissors. Used these rubber mats last time I went up there and they worked great.
That is an idea. It would work good for our mild winter months here, as long as they don't creep up with usage and block the pedals. And I could keep something like that rolled up in the rear to take on trips, as I could use them if we got muddy doing whatever (climbing, hiking, cycling, etc.).

I am planning on some CarID (or similar) carpet mats that have the Honda logo embroidered on them. Mine are still OEM, but the blue CR-V has the grey interior and I can go with any charcoal mat color and it would fit well with the interior. The armrests and the passenger seat need repair, and the new mats will make the inside look much better.

I bought OE mats for our 2004 Civic when we bought it in 2014. They are much thicker and more plush than I thought they would be. And it really made the interior look nice, far as I'm concerned. Now I just wish I could find some leather seats for it from a Canadian Acura (EL?), but at this point I don't think it's worth it. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts