Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda CR-V LX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knew OEM or similar carpet floor mats were so hard to find?? Ours got taken when our car was stolen. Any ideas on where to get affordable carpet replacements?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
It would be VERY difficult to find good-condition OEM mats after all these years.

Our Gen2 OEM driver's mat wore out in 25,000 miles. Our '99 Acura's mats lasted 180,000 miles so that is what we put into our V after that car was totaled. They are SO MUCH MORE dense and of a better quality!

Investigate whether Lund Catch-All carpet mats are available for a Gen1. I have them in the wife's minivan and they are fine.

If you find halfway decent original mats at a junkyard, consider repairing heel wear with these:

We are satisfied users on our other cars.

·
Registered
'99 CR-V EX 5MT - 300k club
4 Posts
I ended up finding a set off an '01 automatic a few weeks ago - they're not in mint shape, but they should look good after a cleaning. I don't think I'll be using them since my manual has a different floor layout. I can post pictures if interested - also, saw your other post OP and I have the weathertech trimmable floor mats that seem to have good traction and would hold up in rainy weather.

·
Registered
1998 Honda CR-V LX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up finding a set off an '01 automatic a few weeks ago - they're not in mint shape, but they should look good after a cleaning. I don't think I'll be using them since my manual has a different floor layout. I can post pictures if interested - also, saw your other post OP and I have the weathertech trimmable floor mats that seem to have good traction and would hold up in rainy weather.
Yeah let me know if you don’t end up using them and post a picture! Thanks. Also checking junk yards around me.

·
Registered
1998 Honda CR-V LX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot I didn't grab the back mats b/c I didn't need those, but these are the fronts I have. Still needs cleaning of course, but would look pretty good after I think.
Nice yeah those do look good! Found someone parting out some CR-Vs on Marketplace with some nice OEM Black mats for $80, but will let you know if they don’t work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts