Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Honda external in-line atf filter, part #25430-PLR-003, and would like to install on my 1st gen CR-V. I understand from other posts which hose to install it in, but the problem is, how to orient the filter? Amazingly, it does not have a flow direction arrow or indicator on it. Does anyone have any insight (apologies for the pun) on this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't know the direction but just make sure you tell the next buyer of your CRV. If they don't know its there and let it get plugged up they just ate an expensive tranny bill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it's anything like like the 2010 atf filter, then it flows from passenger side to driver's side. I know this thread is about a month old but in case someone is curious, you could see the flow in my atf flush diy vid. Starting @ 1:20.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for that vid. Wish I would have checked here first. I got my 2004 in Nov. of 2013 and did a drain and refill but didn't know about this till now. I noticed a few weeks ago a leak that apears to be coming from the connections of this filter and thats what got my interest. What the heck is that? A filter? Sure enough, and my local dealer said they have never changed one! I believe nothing is lifetime and for about $30 it's probably worth it. Funny how there is no indication on which direction to install this.
My CR-v has 165k on it now and the leak is either a loose clamp or the filter is plugging up. So it's time to order a filter while I'm under there and checking connections.
Thanks again.!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts