Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Magnefilter to replace the OEM inline filter on my 2004 CR-V EX AWD. Could someone confirm that the filter is installed the correct direction? Looking at the picture (from the front of the car) the filter label is pointing toward the driver's side (also, pointing toward the longer section of 3/8" hose).

Is this installed facing the correct direction?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Instead of waiting for an answer, just disconnect the IN side of the MagneFine and have someone crank the engine for a second or less and it should be obvious if it is correct. It will come out very quickly, so beware of that fact.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To anyone else looking for a definitive answer (so you don't need to reinvent the wheel so to speak), the way I have the Magnefine filter in the picture above is exactly how you want it.

The flow of ATF goes from left to right as you stand facing the front of the car. The short hose is the inlet side, and the longer hose is the outlet side. Be sure your filter arrow points to the outlet side (again the longer hose, and the hose that goes from filter to transmission).

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Did you disconnect and try it or did you find the answer online?
If you do change out that MagneFine filter, remember that you can unscrew it and don't have to cut it open to examine it. The magnet inside is pretty strong and could be useful also.
Thanks for posting as it sure could help others.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I don't know if it can be reused after it is opened, but I sure wouldn't reuse it unless someone here knows that it is safe to do so.
Buffalo4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts