Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What intervals are people using on their fluid changes?

Oil - I've been doing 7.5K with Mobil1, Auto Transmission - I'm planning to do it at 30K with Honda fluid, Differential - I did it at 25K with Honda fluid but it was already whining so I plan to do it at 15K next time. When for the radiator? Brake fluid? Power steering? Use Honda fluids?

Thanks

2005 White 4WD EX AT - 30K

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
What intervals are people using on their fluid changes?

Oil - I've been doing 7.5K with Mobil1, Auto Transmission - I'm planning to do it at 30K with Honda fluid, Differential - I did it at 25K with Honda fluid but it was already whining so I plan to do it at 15K next time. When for the radiator? Brake fluid? Power steering? Use Honda fluids?

Thanks

2005 White 4WD EX AT - 30K
Other than the bogus rear diff fluid change intervals, it is all in the owner's manual.

Our 04 needed the rear diff fluid changed at 15k (noise) and I did it again at 30. It now has nearly 50k on it and I plan on doing it before winter.

You have 10 year antifreeze. Brake fluid - any quality DOT3 fluid every 3 years. Three years on the power steering fluid but with Honda PS fluid.

You missed an important fluid and one that is super easy to DIY. The auto tranny fluid. No power flushing. Just do a 3x drain and fill, with about 3 quarts needed each time. This will get 95%+ of the old fluid out.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,968 Posts
2RedVs forgot to mention to always use Honda Z1 ATF fluid. It's an "engineered" fluid. So are the Dual Pump, and Power Steering fluids.

If you do a single ATF drain-and-fill at a reasonable interval that's OK too...I do a drain-n-fill on my Acura's tranny every 2 yrs or 30K miles, no problems after 130K miles.

The antifreeze is a blue Honda HOAT type. Supposedly good for ten years or 120K miles. But make sure you top off with Honda stuff...if you don't you will have to drain and refill the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.