Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a deer jumped into the right front/passenger side of our 01 CRV, dang thing got up and ran away too!

Anyway, it runs fine, needs a new headlight and fender. We have not torn it down yet as we are locating parts.

But down behind the fender, kinda behind the headlight there is a white fluid tank of some sort.
When parked after the collision there was fluid around that area under the car.
Washer fluid is on driver side so can't be that. Coolant reservoir is fine, not power steering or brake fluid; and clearly not oil or transmission fluid.

So any ideas what it might be? I cannot locate this part on any part sites.

I have attached a photo of location to this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Is that a hose you're pointing to in your picture?
The part racoon linked to doesn't seem to have any connection to the intake system at all from the looks of the schematic in the link, unless those two protrusions coming off the 'J' pipe are tubes that go into holes you can't see in the tank.
I'd guess it might accumulate water from condensation at most.
Honda does some interesting things with the intake tracts of their engines, all in the name of getting better power out of them.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Raccoon is correct. This is probably the 3rd or 4th thread about the same thing. It is a resonator for the intake. Connects to the black tubing that goes into the bottom of the filter box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts