Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
New to this Forum community having just purchased a 2011 CRV EX 4WD. My question is about the FM radio reception or lack thereof. Local stations (within 100 km or 60 miles) are constantly fuzzy, weak or crackling - sometimes just not picked up at all. Is their a solution to this problem ?
Thanks,

·
Registered
381 Posts
Maybe a bad or loose antenna wire? I have a different year (2015) but am getting 26 stations on the FM dial, many of them a state away in either direction.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I agree with Rhody401. Usually Hondas have good radios. It could be just bad or loose connection on the antenna. How about the AM band? Let us know.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It could be strange FCC requirements in that area. When I lived in the Seattle/Puget Sound area it floored me that taking a ferry ride across the sound to the Kitsap Peninsula you would lose most AM signals even though it was only 9-11 miles as the crow flies. I was used to getting Denvers KOA at night as far West as Las Vehas and East of Des Moines. Because Seattle is so close to Canadian BC, the FCC restricts their output especially at night. As a kid, my father became a NY Yankee fan living in the Western Rocky Mountains because AM out of NYC carried that far at night. The FCC can be really strict these days. It's no fun. Still living just 11 miles seemed so weird but I lived in the same Kitsap Peninsula city twice in a decade. It may also be that we lived next to Bangor sub base and a few miles North of the Bremerton shipyards where the Seawolf fleet is based. RI isn't too far from Groton, CT. They still have subs going in and out of that base, although most of the Eastern fleet has been relocated to King's Bay, GA.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
It could be strange FCC requirements in that area. When I lived in the Seattle/Puget Sound area it floored me that taking a ferry ride across the sound to the Kitsap Peninsula you would lose most AM signals even though it was only 9-11 miles as the crow flies. I was used to getting Denvers KOA at night as far West as Las Vehas and East of Des Moines. Because Seattle is so close to Canadian BC, the FCC restricts their output especially at night. As a kid, my father became a NY Yankee fan living in the Western Rocky Mountains because AM out of NYC carried that far at night. The FCC can be really strict these days. It's no fun. Still living just 11 miles seemed so weird but I lived in the same Kitsap Peninsula city twice in a decade. It may also be that we lived next to Bangor sub base and a few miles North of the Bremerton shipyards where the Seawolf fleet is based. RI isn't too far from Groton, CT. They still have subs going in and out of that base, although most of the Eastern fleet has been relocated to King's Bay, GA.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!
That's a good explanation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts