Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fob was lost in the car and I didn't know it. So here's the story:

The 2015 CRV Touring is my vehicle. When we go somewhere together in the car hubby likes to drive (don't EVEN get me started). I usually take my fob along just in case. We went on a 5 day trip; the fob was in my pocket/purse the whole time. When we got home neither of us needed to drive the car for a couple of days. Then I did and the fob could not be found.

So we searched the house and car high and low. Called the hotel and restaurants were we traveled. Called the places we'd been in town since returning. Nothing. Called the Honda dealer about cost to replace - double ugh because I'd be paying. I kept looking and using hubby's fob over the next 2 weeks. Aggravated that I had to raise the seat every time and it was my fault.

So late yesterday we were going somewhere together. Hubby was already in the driver's seat when I walked up with the his fob in my pocket. I noticed the driver's seat was high. It made me suspicious. We experimented. I walked away and he was able to start the car. Then it made me worry. I don't always lock the car when I leave the house so it had been vulnerable the whole two weeks. But then I remembered locking it more times than not in the 2 weeks the fob was missing. How could that be if you're not supposed to be able to lock a fob in the car?

We searched every nook and cranny of that car, each of us, more than once. Discovered that an item could slip between the seat and seat back into a fabric pocket that goes under the bottom of the seat. It's an open pocket held up with elastic. But the fob is black and the carpet and metal is black so no luck. GRRRRR Honda on the black carpet. So we slept on it. Hubby made one more try this morning and found it under the seat I'd been in on the trip. It was on top of the black metal housing (for wiring?). It probably got between the seat and seat back, slid into the pocket then fell onto the housing.

The takeaway
  • When all else fails to find a fob it may be in the car
  • Yes, it is possible to lock a fob in your car
  • As for me, I'll investigate getting a 'finder' fob for my car fob

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cool story.

Fyi most insurances will reimburse you for a lost key.
Some of the lower policies you’d have to file a claim but the better ones include it

·
Registered
548 Posts
We searched every nook and cranny of that car, each of us, more than once. Discovered that an item could slip between the seat and seat back into a fabric pocket that goes under the bottom of the seat. It's an open pocket held up with elastic.
Good to hear that you finally found your missing/lost FOB.

As for that flap you describe under the rear of the front seats, it is a PITBA, especially when fitting seat covers that have velcro ties or just stretchy material. I spent at least 20 minutes on each seat trying to put the seat covers back on after washing them on the weekend. :censored:

I can see no reason for that flap, it does sweet nothing IMO.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,759 Posts
When I can't find my fob, I've gotten into the habit of going out to see if It will start....
Several times it has and I've found it under something.

Then I get mad at myself.

Pretty sure it won't lock at the door with fob inside.

·
Registered
454 Posts
When I can't find my fob, I've gotten into the habit of going out to see if It will start....
Several times it has and I've found it under something.

Then I get mad at myself.

Pretty sure it won't lock at the door with fob inside.

Look into getting a "Tile" and put it on your keychain! It is the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts