Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see from a search of this forum a number of kit threads for earlier generation models, but not this generation.

The Honda kit (08V31-T0A-100A & B) includes a replacement whole front lower bumper panel, as the LX blank inserts (and the EX light holes & surrounds) are a part of that panel.

The aftermarket kits have two separate light hole inserts, so you have to cut out the blank sections of the existing panel. For example, the Spyder kit:

http://www.carparts.com/details/Honda/CR-V/Spyder/Fog_Light/2013/SP5076076.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiA8ee0BRD1l7vV6JHe0zISJADxYItm2R7KaKLtYMEe2k2CWAQ3YLsILCWap_WoDeJAu7UDNhoCTLLw_wcB

Has anyone tried either approach to adding fogs to an LX?

I'm thinking of tying these into the high beam as supplemental near/mid illumination to compensate for what the 9003 headlight bulb is lacking in high beam mode.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did, but thanks for reposting it in case I hadn't.

Most of the participants in that discussion already had fog lights. The LX doesn't, so I'm starting at square 1 here with looking at the various kits for adding them.

As far as wiring them in, I'll likely not bother with changing the steering column combination light switch and adding the stock relay and Dexter's mods. If I'm starting from scratch, I'll probably keep it simple and just add a relay and tap on the wiring at the headlamp as I did with my Subaru mod to allow fogs to run with high beams. I posted this on a Subi board to help others some years back:

The tap into the fuse box is on a switched power line (12v available when ignition is on), so that the relay goes off with key off.

And while it looks odd, the high beams are actually turned off with the application of 12v to both sides of the filament, and switched to ground by the combo column stalk to turn them on! A form of negative logic.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My light kit arrived today! But this is project that will likely have to wait until warmer weather.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Spring is just around the corner too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
new member here. I joined since i just acquired a 2014 CRV-LX and want to add fog lights and other mods. Today I'm looking for anything to assist with fog light install. I bought the same spyder kit recently. Not seeing a specific video on line. I got excited when I saw this thread , but no updates by the original poster so,,,,,, I'll try to take notes for the next person who runs into this situation

·
Registered
3 Posts
new member here. I joined since i just acquired a 2014 CRV-LX and want to add fog lights and other mods. Today I'm looking for anything to assist with fog light install. I bought the same spyder kit recently. Not seeing a specific video on line. I got excited when I saw this thread , but no updates by the original poster so,,,,,, I'll try to take notes for the next person who runs into this situation

·
Registered
3 Posts
trying to post photos, but this doesn't seem to be working. I try to select files from my computer and the search box seems stalled out.
almost done, need to hook the ignition wire to the parking lights. Clip on wire connector. Just need to find the correct wire to hook it to. I've been looking on line for wiring diagrams and cant find exactly what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? (2014 CRV-LX AWD if it matters)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you able to connect the Fog to 2014 Honda CRV Lx.. I have my Kit ready and installed the fogs. Wired it was well. Now my main constraint is the Front Fog Lamp cover which is not fitting to the existing bumper cut out. Please help..

trying to post photos, but this doesn't seem to be working. I try to select files from my computer and the search box seems stalled out.
almost done, need to hook the ignition wire to the parking lights. Clip on wire connector. Just need to find the correct wire to hook it to. I've been looking on line for wiring diagrams and cant find exactly what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? (2014 CRV-LX AWD if it matters)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
just installed new fog light unit,mine was smashed. take off lic,plate and holder, undo all clips & 4 screws plus about 10 plastic clips, inner wheel well, and under front lower clip pull inner well back more clips ,then pull down on clip. now can unscrew assembly and undo light. hook up new ass. and test both lights, just open door, lights come on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts