Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone here recommend a good and inexpensive shop who can install fog light for my 2008 Honda CR-Vs in Los Angeles? If so, I would also like to know how much does installation for an after market fog light usually cost?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Not sure on any shops down south, but if you're a strappping DIY'er we have the install instructions on this site. I'd say Honda themself would be the best installer since tehy've probably done it 100's of times on the same car over and over, though they will not be cheap at all.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome

ORWELL

Pepboys along San Fernando bl. do installation. Their in the Atwater Village. BTW Which part of LA are you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
271 Posts
You can do it yourself in a couple hours with basic hand tools (at least on the 2002 that I have)

The worst part about installing fog lights on the 2002 is to remove the front bumper cover.

H and A has install instructions on their web site as a .pdf, I think. I noticed the ones you want to bid on don't include instructions.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
I reside in Westwood, and a proud owner of a 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda CR-V EX-L.

BTW, what are your thoughts on installing aftermarket fog lights? I am sort of looking at purchasing this one on eBay (click link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280337638768&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=
ORWELL

I think thats a fair price. I might go for that one too.
Just have to ask pepboys how much labor they would
charge. We have some guys here in the forum that
posted DIY step by step. I just couldnt find it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ORWELL

I think thats a fair price. I might go for that one too.
Just have to ask pepboys how much labor they would
charge. We have some guys here in the forum that
posted DIY step by step. I just couldnt find it.
Just an update:
I found great a place who can install aftermarket foglights in western part of Los Angeles.
The company name, address and phone number are as follows:

Sal's Body Shop
10915 S. Hawthorne Boulevard
Inglewood, CA 90304
(310) 677-6599

I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just an update:
I found great a place who can install aftermarket foglights in western part of Los Angeles.
The company name, address and phone number are as follows:

Sal's Body Shop
10915 S. Hawthorne Boulevard
Inglewood, CA 90304
(310) 677-6599

I highly recommend them!
How much did the fog light installation cost you??

·
Registered
371 Posts
I recommend you call Sal directly. His number is (310) 677-6599.
Hi Orwell,
Sal installed my fog lights, gentex auto dim/homelink/compass/temp mirror and two tone hella horns today. He did a great neat job and the charge was very reasonable.........thanks for sharing this contact..........I will use him again, anyone in Los Angels who is in need note his # his shop is close to LAX.
BTW........he mentioned he painted and installed lighted wing mirrors on your V,
where did you get them???:)
Regards,
Westham

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Orwell,
Sal installed my fog lights, gentex auto dim/homelink/compass/temp mirror and two tone hella horns today. He did a great neat job and the charge was very reasonable.........thanks for sharing this contact..........I will use him again, anyone in Los Angels who is in need note his # his shop is close to LAX.
BTW........he mentioned he painted and installed lighted wing mirrors on your V,
where did you get them???:)
Regards,
Westham
Hi Westham,

I am glad you found Sal's Body Shop. It is family owned and their entire operation is great!

Sorry, I have not been around here for a while because I have been tied up with a lot of projects at work. Anyhow, I purchased my lighted mirrors on eBay from a company called Speedline. Here is the link to the latest item they are selling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H21-07-08-09-HONDA-CR-V-MF-Signal-LED-Side-Mirror-CRV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem51895d9c1cQQitemZ350196964380QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Cheers,
Orwell

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Orwell,
Sorry for not replying b4 this, thanks for the info on the mirrors, I have been back to Sal since and have had him install HD lights and a Parrot Bluetooth system on my CR-V, he sure does excellent work and is very fair with his prices.
I will again return to him when I get around to purchasing the mirrors.
Cheers & safe drives.

Westham

1 - 13 of 13 Posts