Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts
Finally had some time to do the mod. With help from Dexter 1 (much appreciated) I was able to complete it and took some pictures and a video. I have the modified Fog light setup to have independent fog light control because I have Bi-Xenon HID Projectors Retrofitted.

Graph I drew for people

Here is mine DPDT all wired up

DPDT relay again but covered in electric tape

Fog Lights ON, Parking Lights OFF, Low Beams OFF

Fog Lights ON, Parking Lights ON, Low Beams OFF

And a video I made you can see my fog lights on/off along with parking lights, low beams, and high beams

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dexter 1, JustinTime & CyC: Thank you for posting the fog light modification informaton. Just for clarification, if I want to be able to switch the fogs on or off, with either low beams on or with high beams on, which of the 4 wiring options achieves that result?

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
205 Posts
Dexter 1, JustinTime & CyC: Thank you for posting the fog light modification informaton. Just for clarification, if I want to be able to switch the fogs on or off, with either low beams on or with high beams on, which of the 4 wiring options achieves that result?
4. Fog lights operate as normal even with Hi-Beams on or Low Beams off. (An option for those who have pulled the DRL fuse because of an HID conversion)

so it would be Option #4

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the Dexter1/CyC mod this weekend and wired up option 4. Thank you!!! The only hitch I had in the install was the wire tap connector at the light wand connector inside of the car. The wire spade wasn't splicing though the insulation of the thin purple wire. I stripped a little bit of insulation off and then retried the wire tap and everything worked. Those with 2013 models do not need to reinput the radio code or navigation system if you have the nav system. Everything reconnects when you turn the ignition on. You do have to push the power button for 2 seconds to reset system. Radio Shack no longer carries fuse taps but AutoZone does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice mod! I was wondering if I can get both option #2 and #4 working -- I want both high beams and low beams on, and I also want to have the fog lights operate as I turn them on/off. Will find some time to do the mod after I get this clear. Thank you so much.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts