Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Honda CRV. The rear seats won't fold down (neither the left or right rear seats)to form a flat cargo compartment, either by pulling the tab near the doors or by using the levers in the cargo compartment. I took the plastic cover off where the latch is located on the side of each rear seat and can see the latching mechanism with cables attached. I removed one of the latches and see that the plastic piece to which the cables are attached has broken off at the collar--that is why the latch mechanism won't release. I have not folded the seats down more than 30 times in 5 years and it seems strange that both the left and right seat mechanisms failed in the same way on the same day. Has anyone else had this problem? This part is very poorly made--I heavy metal latch with a plastic trip mechanism to trigger the latch release. I can provide photos if necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found solution yet?

I have the same problem did you find a solution? I'm trying to find the part for the plastic piece.

I have a 2012 Honda CRV. The rear seats won't fold down (neither the left or right rear seats)to form a flat cargo compartment, either by pulling the tab near the doors or by using the levers in the cargo compartment. I took the plastic cover off where the latch is located on the side of each rear seat and can see the latching mechanism with cables attached. I removed one of the latches and see that the plastic piece to which the cables are attached has broken off at the collar--that is why the latch mechanism won't release. I have not folded the seats down more than 30 times in 5 years and it seems strange that both the left and right seat mechanisms failed in the same way on the same day. Has anyone else had this problem? This part is very poorly made--I heavy metal latch with a plastic trip mechanism to trigger the latch release. I can provide photos if necessary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same issue. Replaced the seat mechanism on the 2nd row driverside. Yesterday while I was cleaning the passenger side seat, the back rest won't fold down. I guess I need a trip down the dealer again.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts