Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am considering converting my 2007 CR-V to a camper for a trip across country, and I saw a reference in a post (not here) about a fold-out table for some trims. Does anyone here know about these tables? The photo looked like it folded up and out the back out from the rear of the cargo compartment. Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,441 Posts
Moved to the Gen3 section. :giggle:

Gen2 Vs (with the spare tire hung out back) had 'PICNIC TABLES' with folding legs, that served as the cargo bay floor....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to the Gen3 section. :giggle:

Gen2 Vs (with the spare tire hung out back) had 'PICNIC TABLES' with folding legs, that served as the cargo bay floor....
Oh, it was the whole cargo bay floor, not just the tire compartment. Still, it is pretty cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a hole for an umbrella, to boot! I'm going to see if I can make it work with my conversion. There are a handful for sale on eBay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Denisec, by converting your CRV, is that just the inside or have you been able to sort out a canopy fer the exterior, if so how . I plan to just use the front seat laid flat as a bed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have back problems and if I were to sleep on a flat front seat, I might have to figure out how to drive from that position! I have just started the investigation, but I think I will roughly follow what this person has done:

I don't have a lot of money so I like that he went super-basic and also that his dog was integral to his design. Also I like the idea of using the cargo door as a bit of a canopy, and that's one of the reasons I was interested in the foldup table for the cargo area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have back problems and if I were to sleep on a flat front seat, I might have to figure out how to drive from that position! I have just started the investigation, but I think I will roughly follow what this person has done:

I don't have a lot of money so I like that he went super-basic and also that his dog was integral to his design. Also I like the idea of using the cargo door as a bit of a canopy, and that's one of the reasons I was interested in the foldup table for the cargo area.
Hi Deni thanks fer the heads up on your CRV, + the product list from Amazon,as to seats I will use passenger seat laid flat as I have no where to store rear seats if I remove them. Have spent time in other station wagons[estate cars] this side of the pond, have just got me a 2007 I-CTD i 99000 miles past 8 yr service records
So thanks agin, will try & sort some kind of canopy for the side. Steuart.

·
2,804 Posts
For camping tips, accessories, and equipment ideas, you could always go look on the Element forum. There are also about 87 bazillion YouTube videos on camping in an Element. The CR-V is somewhat different, so not all of it will work, but some might.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For camping tips, accessories, and equipment ideas, you could always go look on the Element forum. There are also about 87 bazillion YouTube videos on camping in an Element. The CR-V is somewhat different, so not all of it will work, but some might.
That is an excellent idea. Now that you mention it, I am weeping great tears of regret that I did not keep my fabulous, totally tricked out Element that I purchased when I first moved to Pittsburgh. That thing would have converted into an actual little house! Plus it had a killer sound system, leather seats, etc. <snif> But I moved it on because the gas mileage was so horrific that I was embarrassed to drive it.

·
2,804 Posts
That is an excellent idea. Now that you mention it, I am weeping great tears of regret that I did not keep my fabulous, totally tricked out Element that I purchased when I first moved to Pittsburgh. That thing would have converted into an actual little house! Plus it had a killer sound system, leather seats, etc. <snif> But I moved it on because the gas mileage was so horrific that I was embarrassed to drive it.
Well, that's weird! I looked long and hard for a good Element. Found a couple of good ones - found an '08 AWD with a 5-speed manual (!), but it was black (not good in Texas), and had 150k on it, and the price was too high. The other was a silver 2011 AWD, but with an AT, but only 85k on it. Dirty seats but otherwise pristine and bone stock. Made the guy an offer, and then somebody beat me out of it the day I was going to get it. Drat! Oh, well. I would have tricked it out too. So I ended up with my '07 CR-V, and am quite happy with it. But it definitely is not an Element.

But you know what they say - you can't have everything. Where would you put it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts