Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find out where to connect (tap into / splice) my footwell LEDs. Anyone know what color wire I should look for in the fuse box area? I want the light to work with the dome lights. Or when you open the door and then close the door the lights will fade out?

Anyone ?

Ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I just figured it out !!!

I am just going to connect to the fuse ... using an Add-A-Circuit

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you kidding me ... I just found the fuse for the dome lights. It seems to be located in the engine compartment fuse box ? No how am I going to get a wire thru the fire wall ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find anything I even looked into purchasing a service manual but it looks like they don't make them anymore for the past few years.

I was going to add a circuit but the fuse for the dome is under the hood so I would have to find a way thru the fire wall ... not really wanting to do this but would have been slick!

Now I need to figure out this fuse panel anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frustrating 'ain't it?
Best idea I can share is running a wire under the dash, to the door edge molding, up the drivers side pillar to the rearview mirror and finally to the roof lights (not the dome light). It's actually not as hard as it sounds. Similar to installing a new rearview mirror w/Homelink.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frustrating 'ain't it?
Best idea I can share is running a wire under the dash, to the door edge molding, up the drivers side pillar to the rearview mirror and finally to the roof lights (not the dome light). It's actually not as hard as it sounds. Similar to installing a new rearview mirror w/Homelink.
Beware, if you decide to pull out the trim on the pillar, you might need to buy a new clip from Honda, they usually break or deform. That's why they send a new clip when you buy the new mirror. Check out the install procedure for the mirror at the College Hills Honda site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frustrating 'ain't it?
Beware, if you decide to pull out the trim on the pillar, you might need to buy a new clip from Honda, they usually break or deform. That's why they send a new clip when you buy the new mirror. Check out the install procedure for the mirror at the College Hills Honda site.
This worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the idea. All the wires are tucked behind the pillar moldings and the headliner. I also installed a dash cam right behind the mirror really easy to install the wires like this never really thought about it. Thanks again !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts