Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just purchased a 1999 CRV EX AWD with 52K (winter beater) that's currently undergoing a complete tune-up, tire change and bumper to bumper professional inspection. Have always had a Honda in my garage and love the older boxy style. Would anyone know where to purchase affordable headlights that would actually fit right? The current ones are very cloudy & dim.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome! A '99 with 52k is a heck of a find! Those headlights are the component type. The enclosures are plastic, and very expensive to replace, but available from online Honda parts dealers or local Honda dealers (shop the price). But the bulbs are replaceable. So, your best bet id to get a headlight restoration kit. I recommend the 3M kit, available at local auto parts stores. The process involves a couple of hours of hand sanding and polishing, but cleans them right up and is cheap. You can run a search on YouTube and see many videos on headlight restoration, to see how easy it is. The cloudiness is caused by UV exposure and is normal, and is in the surface layer of the plastic. You can have this done at a detailer shop, too, and many car washes, but they will charge labor. Still way cheaper than replacement.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to CRVOC, janetm! I would agree with you on the first generation body. Excellent find on 52K miles on a ‘99! I got a pair aftermarket replacement for $60 off of eBay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.