Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer before "the fix" was released, I remember reading on here of several people getting free oil changes from Honda if they went in to complain that their oil level was too high.

Is Honda still paying for oil changes for problem vehicles, or are they just telling everyone "tough luck" at this point?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Last summer before "the fix" was released, I remember reading on here of several people getting free oil changes from Honda if they went in to complain that their oil level was too high.

Is Honda still paying for oil changes for problem vehicles, or are they just telling everyone "tough luck" at this point?
No, Honda knows better than to straight out say "tough luck." Now they just spin this OD phenomenon as normal. And no more free oil changes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I called two dealerships to get a quote for an oil change & filter. One quoted $52 and the other $57. Honda can keep their free oil changes, I think getting mine done every 3,000 miles will be very affordable if it keeps the engine healthy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No more free oil changes for me either. I asked my dealer to show me how to check my oil and as I watched him check it he said, “ smells like fuel and your a quart over “ and that was after 2k miles. $45 later he told me to keep an eye on it. I drive about 14k miles a year. Oil change every 1k will be about $650 a year.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,776 Posts
Please continue discussion in the existing open master thread. Closed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.