Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got in the mail a FREE doubling of the warranty due specifically to gas getting into the oil. I know there's already a long thread about the oil dilution issue but I am focusing on the warranty here. The warranty extension goes from 3 years or 36000 miles to 6 years and 60,000 miles. Very cool of them to do. If you have a 2017-current CRV with the 1.5T I would imagine Honda would have sent everyone the paperwork.
I never even had the dilution problem with my 18 but got the extended warranty anyways.

I do not see any threads about warranty issues. I am new to this site did I miss it?

Premium Member
OP is new they are entitled to new info. Yeah its a good they can offer it.

Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
I recently got in the mail a FREE doubling of the warranty due specifically to gas getting into the oil. I know there's already a long thread about the oil dilution issue but I am focusing on the warranty here. The warranty extension goes from 3 years or 36000 miles to 6 years and 60,000 miles. Very cool of them to do. If you have a 2017-current CRV with the 1.5T I would imagine Honda would have sent everyone the paperwork.
I never even had the dilution problem with my 18 but got the extended warranty anyways.

I do not see any threads about warranty issues. I am new to this site did I miss it?
I received mine a year ago.

It does not extend the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. It extends the 5/60 power train warranty... by an additional year, and unlimited miles if I recall correctly. It also only covers specific internal parts of the engine. Honda believes that some defects in some engines that cause abnormal oil rise also can cause damage to internal engine parts.. particularly cams.. for which they already have a TSB in place to cover any damaged cams.

It's a goodwill move by Honda that costs them virtually nothing and cuts some of the law firms off at the knees that chase after any and every auto defect they can find on the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts