Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do you get the free XM radio when you buy a new Honda? I thought it was 3 months but a service writer today thought it was a year. I can call a dealer this weekend but I want to dicker w/XM before I lose the XM radio and I'm close to 3 months.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
How long do you get the free XM radio when you buy a new Honda? I thought it was 3 months but a service writer today thought it was a year. I can call a dealer this weekend but I want to dicker w/XM before I lose the XM radio and I'm close to 3 months.
Unless there was a special promotion or something... it's 90 days. The trick with XM radio is to ignore thier pleas for continuing the service until they offer you a one year package at a steep discount. :)

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I called them and told them I couldn't afford what they were charging. Immediately got 50% discount. I've had XM radio for years. Been making the same call every year for years. It's nice, but now I have Apple music included with my data plan. So next March when my subscription is scheduled to expire, I'll really be cancelling XM.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
so do you think they will cancel when your 90 days is over, could it be on Auto payment? so be careful

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring Modern Steel
48 Posts
I had a horrible time cancelling . I had it for about 6 years and loved it but when I retired I tried to cancel it, as I was just not in the car much anymore. Finally had to cancel my credit card to get out of contract. This was 10 years ago, so things may have changed. It was a very common problem back then.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
In our Cellier phone you need to present a Death cirtificate. go-figure

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had Sirius for better than fifteen years now and I love it.
I don't ever want to own a vehicle without it.

Reactions: fdthird

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
My free trial lasted a year. Think they forgot about me!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
Some dealers fail to report to SiriusXM that the vehicle has sold. That's how XM knows to start the trial period.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Even after I told them I wasn't interested, those a$$hats kept calling me on the phone to try and sell me a plan. Turned out they did it to a lot of people, and I'm getting a few bucks out of the deal as a result of a class-action settlement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've always been able to get the $30/6 mo deal. I just didn't want to call XM now if I had a year or lose it (I listen to it alot) by calling too late. Thanks, all! :)

·
Read Only
12 Posts
I had such a hard time trying to cancel the subscription. No way to cancel on website, can't cancel via email. Have to call and go thru maze, long hold and 20 questions why, then told now I'll transfer your to cancellation dept. After all that, I still got charged the following month. I disputed charge and requested new Visa number. Never again would I deal with Sirius. If you do, i would suggest using a virtual card number that can't be recharged.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We had it for three months. No new deals or discounted rates. We always thought the xm radio sounded worse than regular radio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts