Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings friends!
I pick up my 1998 CRv tomorrow. It does not have a keyless entry fob. From the info I have gathered, all I need is a remote fob, and to program it. No other wiring necessary?
The link attached, says the every CRV came with the transmitter installed from the factory. I'm not even sure where my CRV was built( i know the new ones are built up here in Ontario)
http://www.handa-accessories.com/crvelect01.html
Can anyone tell me if this info is correct? The company also says it will not ship to Canada, so I'm wondering what to do.
Thanks, and safe journey's!
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC Chris.

All 1997-2001 CRV's came with the keyless prewired and ready to go. EX models came from the factory with remotes and for the LX it was an accessory. Unfortunately the "accessory" key remotes have been discontinued and are no longer available in Canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi lizzurd!
I just called 2 Ontario dealerships, and they looked at the micofiche- they swear there is no keyless control module. So what you and the H and A info is saying is if I buy the correct fob ( please tell me which one) from eBay, it will work? Thanks! Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi lizzurd!
One of the dealerships you may be familiar with..Pickering Honda. I'm in Uxbridge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whoopss lizzurd....just read your profile... YOU are a parts manager!!! No better source! So, how can I acquire the correct fob?
Thanks Chris.
...p.s. thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
I used to work with two of the guys at Pickering at another dealer.

The reason they may not have found the keyless module is that it isn't shown in the parts books where the other control modules are. It is listed with the ignition switch.

You have to watch buying off fleabay. Honda uses a number of different remotes and most of them are not interchangable.

If you have an EX you need part number 72147-S10-A51. $200.00 each Canadian.

If you have an LX you need part number 08E61-S10-1M001 $98.50 each Canadian.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey lizzurd...thanks for your time once again..here is an update. I found an ad on kijii Toronto from young fellow who worked for Honda Accessories division. He has a keyless fob for $50, and we tried programming it and it did not work. Of course, it very well may have been the wrong fob. Here is the link..
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-other-parts-accessories-Honda-CRV-LX-Keyless-Entry-Remote-W0QQAdIdZ374081777
Could it be also that I do not have the transmitter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts