Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CR-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know what I’ve been doing for the last ten years, but maybe it’s the ‘recent events in the news’ that made me realize how much we can all benefit by sharing in a community like this.
I see a few of the old guys from hondasuv.com are still alive. :giggle:
Please say hello and jog my memory.

·
Registered
2001 CR-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  1. I

2. Welcome to CRVOC Curly! :love: Still have your Gen1?

You need to update your avatar. (And, your vehicle details) :giggle:

@racoon used to be active here but he has been AWOL lately.
    Wow, I’m taking a while to learn the ropes on this forum. Good to see you here!
  3. Racoon appears to have said GOODBYE in his details.
  4. Roadster is now called Fishycomics, I think.
  5. This will take a while to catch on to. 😎

·
Registered
2001 CR-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To answer your questions, I have a 97, a 99, and an 01, as well as a 98 Ody, which is a Gen One with a V-tec in it.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Please say hello and jog my memory.
I don't jog much anymore--I ride a bike though.😁

So I'm still around also, as you know. Did you have an Integra at one point? I haven't gotten anywhere with my '97's transmission yet (the parking pawl issue) because I have a TSX in the driveway awaiting the last few parts to put the front suspension back together.

·
Registered
2001 CR-V
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't jog much anymore--I ride a bike though.😁

So I'm still around also, as you know. Did you have an Integra at one point? I haven't gotten anywhere with my '97's transmission yet (the parking pawl issue) because I have a TSX in the driveway awaiting the last few parts to put the front suspension back together.
It’s probably TEGGER you’re thinking of, who had the Integra. I learned a lot from him, and his site had a ton of good articles and many of the original TSBs and recalls too, IIRC.
I’ve just succeeded in cleaning the aluminum ‘coating’ off my lawnmower’s crankshaft journal. Muriatic acid is pretty cool stuff.
I might pull the pumpkin out of my ‘01 CRV on the weekend, since I’m changing a drive shaft too. 4 brand new U-Joints are waiting to get installed in a couple Gen 1 prop shafts too. 🙄

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I do remember TEGGER, and I think I remembered that because you used to refer to his site since it had so many TSBs referenced there.

My poor '97 has seen better days--the rust ate it. If I put rust remover on that CR-V anywhere, I'd probably be left with a pile of rubber and plastic.

Good luck on the u-joints. I ended up finding a discounted, returned Dorman replacement shaft and it worked with no issues. I think they make the only prop shaft that was designed to have replaceable u-joints (and they even sell them).

The TSX has been an experience. My last dilemma was finding the splash shields for the front brakes. I realized I could not remove the old shields from the old steering knuckles since I would need to press the old hub out to get to them, and seeing how they are partly rusted in place, I probably would have ruined them anyways. But Acura was out of stock nationwide...and I need this thing on the road. But after having researched the front knuckle, hub and bearing, I discovered that the 2006-07 Accord V6 Manual Coupe has all the same components, including the hub (28 splines vs. 26), bearing, knuckle casting, brake caliper and bracket, brake rotor, pads, even the wheel speed sensor. And while it's a different part number, there's no way this alternate shield couldn't work. (And anything minor, I can alter here.) The TSX shared its front brake shield part number with the 2006-07 Accord Hybrid Sedan (and of course, same stock situation). I may have to drive an hour to pick them up, but I'm waiting for the dealer in Toledo to give me a call. (Jim White Honda--they sell parts at a discount online. In fact, I should probably order some fluids before I make the trip down there.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.