Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. My name is Frank and I have a 2016 CRV that just hit 100k miles. My front axle is making a noise so I want to go ahead and replace it. I wanted to know if there is anywhere online to purchase an OEM axle at a lower price than at the dealership? Also is there any maintenance that’s recommend? I literally have never had an issue with this car except for this axle noise.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
HI Frank what kind of noise is it,is it only when turning (clicking) or vibration , is the boot torn and leaking grease just asking because its unlikely to be a bad CV if the boots not torn ,also is it AWD

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
No maintenance, just check the boots for cracks (or spilled grease) at oil changes. (I spray my boots with silicone spray when I do oil changes...gotta do SOMETHING while I wait for the oil to drain/drip out!)

Many dealers offer rebuilt axle assemblies. These are cheaper than new parts, but usually more expensive than aftermarket axles (which often fail prematurely).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts