Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. I am confused regarding subject in title. When i purchased V Sep last year, steering wheel wobbled during braking. Garage (non Honda) agreed to replace discs and pads,explaining his difficulty in obtaining correct dia discs. Anyway, 8k miles later and guess what? symptoms have recurred. I visited Honda dealer to enquire at cost of items with a quote of £168 all in for disca & pads(not fitted), asking the spares dept guy what dia the discs are. He said 16", i said no, that's the wheel size, he replied, well it indicates 16" on the screen! That did not inspire me with much confidence, so, i left. Later, i visited a auto parts shop who quoted £123 all in with a disc dia of 282mm but, did not know the manufacturer of parts. Finally, i've been on line and looked at EBC brakes but, 2 sizes are given, 282 and 300mm dia. So, my Q is, (short of removing and measuring them), how do i find out what size the discs are on my 2005 i-vtec sport auto?

Many thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
164 Posts
Keith,

According to my Haynes manual, the front disk diameter from 2005- is 300mm.

It was 282mm up to 2004.

HTH....NDJ

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Keith,

If your car has 16" wheels and clear rear indicator covers it's the facelift 2005 model. If you're on 15" wheels and your indicator covers are orange it's a pre-facelift (up to 2004).

My car is an 04 and and there's a photo in this thread..

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8062&page=2

I hear these guys are good for Honda parts in the UK but not sure if they are any cheaper than your local dealer...

http://www.lings.com/lingscentralapp_core.0.lassoapp?pg=nav&sectnum=140726a2deede08d

HTH......NDJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake Disca

Hi again ndj. Just thought i'd let you know that i've had my front discs and pads replaced and all is now good (no steering wobble when braking) and to confirm they are 300mm dia (Re your post). My first quote from a motor spares outlet totalled £124, stating discs were 282mm, even though i gave them reg. Visited my local honda dealer and picked them up for £172, (who also confirmed dia is 300mm). Had them fitted for £60 by my friendly MB approved garage (from when i owned an old C class). Yes, i know i could have fitted them myself, but time was an issue with a holiday looming close!!!

Any way, thanks again for info.

rgds,

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts