Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my front brakes & rotars replaced, which apparently they don't turn much anymore as they are made thinner according to my Goodyear guy. Cost was $390, I'm thinking that's an average amount....any input. Trying to figure out if I should look elsewhere for maintenance. Never use the dealer. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Was there a problem with the rotors..ie pulsing brake pedal? Rotors should be replaced due to being badly grooved, warped or thickness below manufacturer recommendation. They are designed to last thru two sets of pads. Rotors are so cheap and thin they don't turn them much anymore. $390 is a bit high but not a gross over charge.
However replacing rotors whenever a customer needs just brake pads is unnecessary work that is rampant in the industry.
The other problem is non OEM pads and rotors, there are good ones and a ton of bad ones.
I stick with OEM.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would say that price is too high.... even for rotors and pads.

But you have to ask yourself, did the rotors need replacing....If you take his word for it then Id still say you could get that done maybe 20% cheaper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did my brakes as well, 130K miles and it was time. Had pulsating in pedal and pads where thin. Did all 4 myself.
Front Rotors: $50 each
Front Pads: $30
Rear Rotors: $35 each
Rear pads: $30

All from advanced auto parts. Done in an hour, also I purchased a sweet little single person brake bleeder from Amazon for $15. Stops on a dime now.. Easy peasy..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts