Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all

I order from Amazon Raybestos Ceramic breaks PGD914C professional grade, to my CRV 2014. When I take to the mechanic he call me back and told me that did no fit my vehicle, so I decide call raybestos tech support to double check and they say that correspond to my vehicle but if there is a diffrence because they are smaller that the original.

Did any have this problem or someone who already change they break pads?

I attach photo.

Thanks

BR

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
I put Wagner Thermo-Quiet Ceramics on my rear brakes recently. They are similar in shape to the Raybestos you show above in that they have beveled edges that result in a smaller center contact surface area. I found this on the web:

Chamfers are angled or beveled edges on the leading and trailing ends of the pad that reduce "tip-in" noise when the brakes are first applied. Chamfers also reduce the surface area of the brakes slightly, which increases the clamping force applied by the pads against the rotors. This further helps to dampen sound-producing vibrations.
Either way, once my pads got bedded in they seem to be working very well and it seems to me that they are providing better stopping than the Honda pads they replaced (which were in good shape but worn down to 2mm). I'm not a brake expert, but I've done my share on several models and I have noticed only good things from the Thermo-Quiet ceramic pads I recently used. If Raybestos says they are compatible, I'd give them a try - the beveled edge seems to be a new tech trend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you reply Tom, Well yesterday I do not have another option and I allowed to the mecanical seet out new ones :(, so I keep the Raybestos, in the photo is not very noticeable size difference, but if it was physically quite.

I put Wagner Thermo-Quiet Ceramics on my rear brakes recently. They are similar in shape to the Raybestos you show above in that they have beveled edges that result in a smaller center contact surface area. I found this on the web:

Either way, once my pads got bedded in they seem to be working very well and it seems to me that they are providing better stopping than the Honda pads they replaced (which were in good shape but worn down to 2mm). I'm not a brake expert, but I've done my share on several models and I have noticed only good things from the Thermo-Quiet ceramic pads I recently used. If Raybestos says they are compatible, I'd give them a try - the beveled edge seems to be a new tech trend.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts