Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the safety system data be retrieved from the CR-V in case of an accident? If so, how would one go about getting the data and how far back does it go? What other information could be retrieved (camera, speed, brake action, distance, etc)?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The page about it at the beginning of the owner's manual (the one that should have been on a disc when you got your car) is about all you are going to be able to find out. There do not appear to be any "consumer grade" tools that even exist to access the info.

·
Registered
865 Posts
No, and it would be much easier to just buy an aftermarket dashcam or Comma.ai
Comma.ai also records all available CAN info, which is quite a bit. the standard accel, brake, rpms, steering torque, blinkers, gear, door open status, seatbelt are decodable. There's a lot of data that hasn't been reverse engineered yet, as Honda doesn't publish the communication protocols. Anything comma needs to drive is...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I second the comma ai route. I just got in a accident with my new 2019 CRV and the footage along with the canbus data has proven that I was not at fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts