Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any help appreciated; i'm in the mountains of mexico with my 2003 crv; have clunking noise in the front end (sounds like the right side) which seems to occur usu. when i am on uneven surface and/or turning (which is often)
lots of potholes, etc here but i don't do any off-roading to speak of. i am a woman of a certain age, and so am suspicious about replacing the whole front end as i've been advised. i've got about 63,000 miles (41,000 in CA, highway) and the rest slow but bumpy here in mexico. the parts are EXPENSIVE. does it sound like i need to do this major repair given the mileage and driving conditions? need to buy parts soon so any advice appreciated!
:confused:

·
Registered
841 Posts
any help appreciated; i'm in the mountains of mexico with my 2003 crv; have clunking noise in the front end (sounds like the right side) which seems to occur usu. when i am on uneven surface and/or turning (which is often)
lots of potholes, etc here but i don't do any off-roading to speak of. i am a woman of a certain age, and so am suspicious about replacing the whole front end as i've been advised. i've got about 63,000 miles (41,000 in CA, highway) and the rest slow but bumpy here in mexico. the parts are EXPENSIVE. does it sound like i need to do this major repair given the mileage and driving conditions? need to buy parts soon so any advice appreciated!
:confused:
Seems kind of young (63k) for any "major" front end repair work. Much more likely to be sway bar end links or frame bushings gone bad. Look at them first.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-V&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=5DR+EX+(4WD)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRONT+KNUCKLE+-+FRONT+LOWER+ARM

End links are items #10 & #11.

Frame bushings are item #8 (two required).

These are inexpensive parts and relatively easy to replace. Good luck with your fix and please let us know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bet its just the CV joint (constant-velocity joint). They usually make a clunking noise on turns etc. when it goes bad. Not a major or extremely expensive repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts