Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Front end rattle on a 2017 CR-V

10K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  valvelifter 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Whenever we drive our 2017 CR-V EX on a gravel road, there is a noticeable rattle in the front end. We heard this on our way home from the dealership last fall, and it;s gotten a bit worse. We took it back to the dealership and they found nothing. We took it back, and took a service advisor with us on a drive on a very smooth gravel road, and the noise was heard. The advisor also heard it and said it wasn't normal. But when they put it on the hoist, the found nothing. A month later, we took it back, the service advisor said he could even feel it through the floorboard. The dealership contacted Honda for advice and Honda told them to drive another 2017 CR-V n gravel and see if it sounded the same. Our dealer called us yesterday asking that we bring our CR-V today because they had another 2017 in stock and they were doing the comparison.

So....the final word from the dealership is...this is normal and isn't a problem. They said to call back if it got worse. Grrrr. It HAS gotten worse since we bought it.

I get that gravel roads aren't an issue for many folks, or even most folks. But in our rural area, they're a fact of life. And it pisses me off that either: 10 the CR-V is crap on gravel and should ONLY be driven on pavement (if so, why have 8+ inches of ground clearance and AWD) or 2)both Honda and the dealer simply cannot be bothered by what they consider a minor problem.

And a key point for us....we'd planned on driving our CR-V to Alaska and back late this summer. Not sure I want to do that with a rattling vehicle.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
I think I'm gonna try the camera method. I have a GoPro with a clamp mount and it sounds like a decent idea to get that mounted underneath and go up and down our gravel driveway a few times. I can change the mounting location a few times and see if I can isolate the source.

I'm pretty damn irked at the dealership. And it's about 60 miles to the next closest Honda dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.