Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 crv awd, had this issue that started out intermittent but now happens everytime i drive. The more i use the brakes the worse it gets, but it feels as if the front left caliper is dragging. Ive already replaced the caliper, pads, and brake lines, but still having the same issue. It gets bad enough that the car will not accelerate past about 50. Anyone ever have this same or similar issue? Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
Did you replace only one caliper or both on the front axle? Have you inspected and lubricated the caliper's slider pins, and verified that they are in the correct position? (Top & bottom are different and it is possible to mix them up.)

It's possible the front right caliper is stuck, and only the left side is working!

Also, be sure that the pads on both sides are falling-out loose. A rusty caliper surface can bind the pads.

Be sure to post back, with your findings...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive replaced the slide pins and lubricated them as well as the pads. I replaced both calipers at the same time. What is the difference in the upper and lower slide pins? Also, i read that you shouldn't use CRC lubricant on the slide pins, which is what i used. Is that true?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Usually the lower pin is the one that has the rubber bush at the end. CRC brake lube is quite good. If you can use the Synthetic version its the best. Have you replaced both rubber hose. Was anything done before this happened?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts