Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread but I couldn't find anything. I have started to use the AC and have found that when the air is blowing on my chest, the air is barely blowing on my feet. I have never had this problem with another vehicle. It is hot when I get in my car after work and I take off my shoes and put on flip flops for my long commute home. I can get a bit more air on my feet but then the air is really blasting on my chest which is not pleasant. I can also kind of turn down the air on chest on the left by changing the amt of air coming out of the vent but this is a PIA. If I use only the bottom vent for AC, then it's not enough for my upper body. Suggestions from anyone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I always figure AC was designed to come out of the upper vents more, for the reason that cold air sinks and hot air is directed out the lower vents since hot air rises. I've never driven with open toed shoes so I've never noticed that much. It'll be interesting to see what others have to say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
On every car I've owned, Honda or not, the AC always comes out the upper vents. No air (or very little) comes out the bottom when the AC is on. Same in my '07 CRV.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
On every car I've owned, Honda or not, the AC always comes out the upper vents. No air (or very little) comes out the bottom when the AC is on. Same in my '07 CRV.
This is the way cars are designed and have been for years. If you want cold air on your feet just select "Bi-level" on the ventilation system control panel and it will send more air down to the floor. The picture shows this on the control.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the way cars are designed and have been for years. If you want cold air on your feet just select "Bi-level" on the ventilation system control panel and it will send more air down to the floor. The picture shows this on the control.
I have used bi-level and that's the problem. There is hardly any air flow coming out. Maybe this is normal for the CRV but we have a 2004 Odyssey and there is more air coming out the floor vents when AC or heat is on. Same situation with our old Volvo in that there is more air flowing out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts