Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found/fabricated an expensive "stone protector" for the front lower opening of 2007 CR-V...??? Read where there is potential for road/ stone damage to AC equipment thru this opening...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Anyone found/fabricated an expensive "stone protector" for the front lower opening of 2007 CR-V...??? Read where there is potential for road/ stone damage to AC equipment thru this opening...
Cloudrider.com (also an occasional forum sponsor)
Also, some have used gutter guard style products from Home Depot or similar.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the response....
I looked at the combo set; didn't know you could get just the bumper screen. Are you satisified ?....how was the installation..???
This is my second Cloud-Rider bumper screen, I had one on my 02V for four years. The quality is very good, stainless steel with rubber surround and good fit. Never had any problems.

The installation was easy with a little finger dexterity. There are five bolts with lock nuts and clip brackets that attach to the five vertical struts in the opening. Here is an inside view.

·
Registered
24 Posts
http://www.cloud-rider.com/ or click on the banner at the top of this page.
Not to be a pain but there are several options there and I'm not entirely sure what the differences are. Can you help me to understand?

Am I looking at the Stainless steel gril inserts - combo package?

When I choose Honda CRV EX, LX, EX-L 2007

It gives me 4 options

With License Plate and block heater
With License Plate without block heater
Without License Plate and block heater
Without License Plate with block heater

Which is right for me?

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Not to be a pain but there are several options there and I'm not entirely sure what the differences are. Can you help me to understand?

Am I looking at the Stainless steel gril inserts - combo package?

When I choose Honda CRV EX, LX, EX-L 2007

It gives me 4 options

With License Plate and block heater
With License Plate without block heater
Without License Plate and block heater
Without License Plate with block heater

Which is right for me?

Do you have a front licence palte holder and a block heater cord?

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
I do have a front license plate holder. I don't know what a block heater is. My CRV doesn't have any aftermarket things added to it.
You are looking at With License Plate without block heater.

A block heater is usually installed by the dealer in colder climates....it plugs in at night to warm up the coolant for easier starts in cold weather.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is my second Cloud-Rider bumper screen, I had one on my 02V for four years. The quality is very good, stainless steel with rubber surround and good fit. Never had any problems.

The installation was easy with a little finger dexterity. There are five bolts with lock nuts and clip brackets that attach to the five vertical struts in the opening. Here is an inside view.
Thanks Rich...

·
Registered
79 Posts
RichK,

thanks for posting the pictures and info....The website has a combo package but you were able to just order the lower grills?
Yep, I called the toll free number on their website and was told you can order either part of the combo package.

This is the second bumper screen only (02V), I have purchased from Cloud-Rider.

·
Registered
58 Posts
fabricated stone guard

frank b
thanks for the post!!
read it , went under frt end
oh yeah gotta have a stone guard
so i went to home cheapo
fabricated stone guard for $1.35

oh and a little time and blood.

will upload photo's later on new thread

regards
madmaxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
lower stone gaurd

RichK: Do you have the url where I can order the lower stone guard.
Black 2006 crv

1 - 20 of 47 Posts