Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a 4 x 12 plate frame that works in the front of the 2019 CR-V? I have the one issued by the dealer, 12 x 6 I believe, but I like using the smaller plates. I do not require a front plate in PA. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The frame included with the CR-V in the US is 6" tall by 12" across, the size of a US license plate.
And you're looking for one that's 4" tall and 12" across, or 12" tall and 4" across?

I thought you might be thinking of mounting some sort of European sized plate, but most of them are 20.5" across and either 4.3" or 4.7" tall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The frame included with the CR-V in the US is 6" tall by 12" across, the size of a US license plate.
And you're looking for one that's 4" tall and 12" across, or 12" tall and 4" across?

I thought you might be thinking of mounting some sort of European sized plate, but most of them are 20.5" across and either 4.3" or 4.7" tall.
Not European, those are really long, but yes, I have a plate which is 12 long and 4 tall. The standard as you've pointed out is 12 long and 6 tall which is what Honda gives you in the event you have to use a front plate in your state. My plate is vanity and I do not want to take so much space from the front grill. Hope this explains it better.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I haven't found any license plate mount that's 12" x 4".
So have you considered cutting the included mount?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I'd look on Amazon. If you can't find one there, then such a thing probably doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I do not use a plate frame on the front either. Modified the plate (and its mounting holes) so that it can be mounted in a way as to not block air flow to the intercooler. I've been told I might go to prison for doing so. LOL:eek:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I do not use a plate frame on the front either. Modified the plate (and its mounting holes) so that it can be mounted in a way as to not block air flow to the intercooler. I've been told I might go to prison for doing so. LOL:eek:
You can make fun here all you like, but I'll bet you don't take that attitude with State Troopers. It is highly illegal in Texas, and though it's also likely to go unnoticed most of the time, it's probably best if you stay out there away from the more populated areas, because if you come down here, I could give you the locations of at least three areas you would not want to travel through. But I won't, since you think it's such fun. No one ever said anything about prison, either, but if any State Troopers around here catch you with this violation. you will be ticketed and fined. For the first offense, If you are a Class C driver, they will usually go lightly on you, but for a second offense, or a Class A driver, they can and will impound your car on the spot. You could be subject to a heavy fine and even license suspension, plus points on your license, which will affect your insurance rates. After that they get serious, and I know some State Troopers (by name) who just skip straight to serious. You won't laugh it up with them. Also, In my county you won't pass inspection, and here there are city and county DOT inspectors who will gitcha too. They are always looking for the revenue. But go ahead and have fun! I swear I won't laugh when it backfires. :giggle:

For those of you in other states, relax. For the two of us this is an old issue we had some fun with a while back. No biggie. But in Texas, Johnny Law is very strict about license plates. Enough that you will want to read the law and follow it to the letter. There is no slack. None.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
ROTF, LMAO! Will they throw me into prison with back-to-back life sentences for my plate AND my oil level not being absolutely, precisely on the top mark???? Is there no slack, none, there as well? I might as well just throw the handcuffs on myself now.........but if I did that, I'd have a hard time checking the water level in the battery. Oh, I forgot, I'm supposed to call the bomb squad.....they'll check the battery for me. Great job of keeping Austin weird.(y)

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Thanks. Somebody around here has got to be the RA. Otherwise, the whole world will be taken over by liberally indoctrinated third grade environmental activists. :giggle:

Reactions: RockyMtnCRV

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
What is RA? Is it an intended unpleasant reference/insult to a forum member? Name calling?..........please say it ain’t so.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
What is RA? Is it an intended unpleasant reference/insult to a forum member? Name calling?.......... please say it ain’t so.
Sorry. I said it in reference to me, not you. The term RA means Responsible Adult. As I experienced it, it's a job title used in the music industry, like Gaffe or Key Grip. The stage and roadie crew leader is the RA - the person responsible for seeing that everything gets done, properly, and in the right order, on time, when doing a setup or takedown of a show. The guiding cat-herder, who is responsible for knowing what to do, how and when and in what order to do it, et al, and making it all happen. In my youth and early Austin days, I worked as a roadie for various bands, and also as a stage hand at the Austin Opry House. Our RA there was amazing. He had a patient and gentle way of controlling an unruly group of rowdy and often inexperienced workers that never once failed to solve the problems and get the job done on time. He set an example never matched by anyone else I've met in life. I've spent the rest of my life trying to emulate that quality, even though it is not necessarily congruent with my personality. :giggle: I do struggle with it, but, as Lyle Lovett says, "who would you be if you didn't even try?"

Having explained that, it's easily obvious that your comment was meant to be a dig towards me, based on discussions from previous threads. Yet you try to turn it around and insinuate that I am insulting you. Nice try. But it absolutely isn't so. I fully support your right to break the law and take your chances, just not so much to encourage others to do so. Similarly, it's fine with me if you choose to run your oil low all the time, or be careless with battery maintenance. But again, not so much when you encourage others to do so. I will continue to provide helpful facts when I can. You can choose to take it personal, but it is your choice. Meanwhile, stay warm. I think summer's almost over. And I hate winter. I grew up in Panama, where there is no such thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
. But in Texas, Johnny Law is very strict about license plates. Enough that you will want to read the law and follow it to the letter. There is no slack. None.
Loosen your leggins, and take your back-pack off!☺
Texas Vehicle Code:
"Sec. 504.943. OPERATION OF VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATE. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway, during a registration period, a motor vehicle that does not display two license plates...":

"Sec. 504.943. Paragraph (d) A court may dismiss a charge brought under Subsection (a)(1) if the defendant:
(1) remedies the defect before the defendant's first court appearance; and
(2) pays an administrative fee not to exceed $10".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.