Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I start hearing a slight screeching noise from the front of my CR-V. I couldn't figure it out and since me yearly service was due in 2 weeks I postpone it... Big mistake! The noise was getting louder, so I looked more carefully and I noticed that the right front brake disk was scratched! Took it to the service immediately and found out that the right front brake caliper was stuck (close) thus wearing the right front brake pad... A word of caution: the sound that is normally created by the metal sensor on the pad did not go off, so I had no indication while driving of the brake problem.

Guess what: the brakes are Bosch, since the car is manufactured in the UK...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 2002 model I just bought had the same issue but on the left front brake. The brake caliper sliding pins had not been silicone greased in a long time and the bottom pin was completely seized into the caliper bracket. I eventually got it moving slightly using an adjustable spanner with extreme force to turn it and plus gas. The next day I got the caliper bracket off the car and tried using a vice to turn the pin. it turned but was still extremely hard to turn. My dad tried drilling it out but failed so today we got a bracket from a breakers yard for £30, and new pins arrived off ebay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts