Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was in Costco this morning and picked up a wetsuit seat covers. Earlier this morning got out of tennis all sweaty and sat on those light grey seats and decided i need covers. It has been only 3 weeks and i already see spots on the seat

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in Costco this morning and picked up a wetsuit seat covers. Earlier this morning got out of tennis all sweaty and sat on those light grey seats and decided i need covers. It has been only 3 weeks and i already see spots on the seat
Are those black with a gray stripe?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, that's the one. For $25, can't go wrong. It is supposed to be waterproof. Except for the seat everything else is dark, so it matches. I have to look but i think the cover has some weak spot for the side air bag to come through.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was going to create a thread about this, but what is the best way to protect the front seats? I'm pretty active(Scuba/Hiking/Gym/etc) and I'm ussually the only one in the car and am concerned about all the wear and tear my drivers seat will have over time. The stitching in my Mazda3 drivers seat is broken and I am wondering what I can do to protect the seat in my CRV
Thanks

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have been searching through Amazon thinking neoprene would be a good choice, but just about every cover has comments that the cover stained their light colored leather or cloth upholstery. Since I have the grey upholstery, I want to find something that won't cause more of a problem than everyday soil.

·
Registered
600 Posts
What about buying large bath towels and draping them over the seats when needed. That is what I did when my kids were younger.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about buying large bath towels and draping them over the seats when needed. That is what I did when my kids were younger.
If I can't find some regular seat covers, I'm going to make some semi-fitted ones out of heavyweight towels. I was just trying to avoid all that aggravation.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I had installed Wet Okole on my Jeep. After 14 years of coffee, rain, sweat, cola, wet bathing suits, wear and tear I took them off to sell the jeep, the seats were prestine. They're not cheap, but they fit like a glove and protected the seat better than the Enterprise's shields. They design and test them with seats with air bags to besure they don't interfere.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had installed Wet Okole on my Jeep. After 14 years of coffee, rain, sweat, cola, wet bathing suits, wear and tear I took them off to sell the jeep, the seats were prestine. They're not cheap, but they fit like a glove and protected the seat better than the Enterprise's shields. They design and test them with seats with air bags to besure they don't interfere.
What type (and what color) upholstery did you have on the jeep? I'm only worried that with my light upholstery, there may be residual staining that wouldn't show on black.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What type (and what color) upholstery did you have on the jeep? I'm only worried that with my light upholstery, there may be residual staining that wouldn't show on black.
Grey fabric somewhat darker than the CRV

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been searching through Amazon thinking neoprene would be a good choice, but just about every cover has comments that the cover stained their light colored leather or cloth upholstery. Since I have the grey upholstery, I want to find something that won't cause more of a problem than everyday soil.
Thanks, I never looked at the reviews. Now reading through them, this might actually cause more problems. I am going to remove it. Costco return policy is good. I like the white towel idea for summer. I can just move it aside when I need heated seats.

·
Registered
64 Posts
+1 on the Wet Okole seat covers.
I have had them in my Ridgeline for over 11 years and they still look great.
They fit like a glove! Anything that stained them was easily remove with the seat shampoo they sell.

They are very well made and the price to match.
I remember paying $500 for both the front and rear.

Would I buy them again? YES!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
+1 on the Wet Okole seat covers.
I have had them in my Ridgeline for over 11 years and they still look great.
They fit like a glove! Anything that stained them was easily remove with the seat shampoo they sell.

They are very well made and the price to match.
I remember paying $500 for both the front and rear.

Would I buy them again? YES!
Looks like they're made differently -- the neoprene covered on both sides with nylon so hopefully that will eliminate any staining. Also, I don't think that neoprene is good to have in contact with leather (for those of you with fancier CRVs :cool:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto..Grey seats are catching up spots quick.Mine is month old I can see few on driver seat.I swear nothing wrong with my jeans though!;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
let me know how your installation goes with Costco seats.I returned mine as I thought they are too small for the front seats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts