Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 04 CRV I replaced all four corners with quick struts about 7 months ago. I find now when I accelerate from a stop the front end raises up and 'wags' from side to side. If I accelerate enough to squeal the tires, which doesn't take much the way it goes up!, you can really feel the torque steer pulling you from side to side. It's quite dangerous on slippery roads and I have to keep it in mind every time I drive it. Would this be a sign that the crappy third world made struts are gone? The front end also sits quite high from what it was when stock and is also higher than the back when just sitting there. Thanks

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Do you still have the ones you have taken out? When you say quick struts, Is it the Monroe Quick struts? Or is it a Generic , Ebay full assebly? Let me know. From the symptoms you are describing. It is most likely the Struts are shot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the third line made in some other country other than China. Maybe Thailand?? Quick struts as in a complete just bolt in unit with struts and coils and all the other stuff. Original ones were sent to scrap yard. I'm going to replace the struts when I find some on sale and see what happens. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts