Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice for my friend's CRV. What seemingly should be a simple problem has turned into a long term saga.

The washer jet on the front drivers side (RHD car) became blocked. I removed it, soaked it in cleaner and lots of black particles come out of the inside. Once refitted it remained clear for a couple of months.

It blocked again, and then again and again. I thought maybe the inside of the jet was breaking down so I fitted a new genuine Honda one. But it still kept happening.

I've flushed to water bottle out for a couple of hours, tried adding high quality washer fluid and meths to keep the system clear.

What I can't understand is why only the drivers side jet blocks, but never the passenger side.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Danny

·
Registered
252 Posts
I haven't really paid attention, but isn't the tubing made of black rubber? Could it be a section of tubing is deteriorating for some reason? Also not familiar with the Gen 2, but is the drivers side the first nozzle in the chain, so perhaps any debris tends to accumulate there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

The tubing is like a nylon, not a rubbery type that could perish and break up as far as I can make out.

The jet that keeps blocking is second in the chain from the water bottle.

I have flushed the pipe work thoroughly

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Very odd. I'd replace the hose (cheap fix) for starters. Maybe there's some sort of solvent in the fluid that is reacting to the rubber compound in the hose - try water alone if you're in a warm climate. Try switching the hoses between the 2 nozzles if possible and see if the particles appear in the other nozzle !!! Real head scratcher for sure - let us know what the end result is. Craig

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'd take a good look at the line from the 'T' where the left/right split takes place. If only one side is plugging up, there is something about/in that line that is causing the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd take a good look at the line from the 'T' where the left/right split takes place. If only one side is plugging up, there is something about/in that line that is causing the problem.
Well it started to clog again so I did as suggested and checked the pipe from the T to the troublesome jet. When I tried to blow through it there was definitely some kind of blockage as it wasn't as clear as the pipe to the other jet. Strangely it also has a straight connector in it even though it was only about 18 inches long.

I've fitted a new pipe and am keeping everything crossed!

Thanks for all the advice

Danny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad news, it's blocked again.

I'd replaced the tube with a clear one and it was full of black crud.

I've cleaned the nozzle yet again and flushed the washer bottle and tubing for an hour.

It is a complete mystery

Any other ideas?

Danny

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could be something in the pump is breaking down and causing the black crud, there is nothing else in the system besides the bottle, tubes and the connectors. If you have more of the clear tube, try replacing the one from the bottle to the first nozzle to see if there is any debris building up there as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2002 did the same, (drivers side RHD). I think it must of been bits in the base of the tank as it blocked up as soon as I filled up. I found out that if I let is settle after filling it was fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts