Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.
I have a recently acquired 2018 CR-V touring.
So far, I love it. Nicest car I have ever owned.

That said, I am a bit confused about the wiper control.

I was wondering how people know what position the front wiper lever is in ?

The rear wiper control is easy.
There is a little white line.
And you just rotate the end of the wiper control to correspond with the little white line.
Easy peasy.
And, I can tell how it is set, simply by looking at it.

Not so with the front wiper control.
There doesn't seem to be any point (a little white line like the rear control) that I can use as a visual reference when setting the front wipers.

Or, am I missing something ?

I can make them work alright but every time I use them I need to start by pushing the lever all the way to the top and then counting the number of movements downward.

So, I was wondering how others deal with the front wiper control.

Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yea you got it. By the time you nose around the wheel visually trying to figure it out, you could have spun it up and then put it where you want. That said, I usually always have it one click down (auto) this works 70-80 percent of the time. If I need more its another click down and easy to see the selection due to the even regular strokes. Just remember to take it off auto before you go in a car wash.Had a couple close calls.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
5,054 Posts
Caution is advised leaving your wipers on "auto". If you forget to turn them off and decide to run through a car wash.. there will be a war between the car wash spinners and your wipers. Most often.. the wipers lose.

I recently saw an owner with a Honda Odessy lose her left wiper blade assembly due to this.

For this reason, I keep my wipers off, and switch them to auto when it rains and turn them off when I turn off the vehicle. Safe habit pattern... no unexpected surprises at the car wash. :)

Separately.. I have to say.. the rain sensor that drives the auto wipers works pretty well in my experience. A little too well sometimes. When I was in the drive through line at a fast food place one time and it was raining.. when water streamed down from the roof of the place while I was waiting.. it hit where the rain sensor is located on the windshield and the wipers went into hyper drive and swiped large amounts of water off my winshield and right into the order takers window until go switched them off. The order taker got pretty wet from that incident. As the owner, I got to experience first hand what maximum wiper activity looks like. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts