Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I picked up a couple of bits, which I was going to adorn my V with. But recently, I have had serious change of plan with it, and am going to continue where I left of 12 months ago, as such, I have a couple of bits up for sale.

So, first up, is my Sports Grill. I have only ever seen one of these fitted, in all my time of looking at Hondas, so when it came up, I grabbed it... Enjoy !!

(this picture isnt mine, but shows how it fits/looks).

This has never been fitted, comes in its original box, with all fixings and instructions.

$350.00 + Shipping costs (to be established). (Original retail on this item was £298.65 + VAT = £350.91 ($540.75))

And more recently, I snagged a set of original Honda Roof Bars, complete with the adjustment tool. Fair warning on these, there is only 3 of the Honda covers for the end, the 4th was missing when I bought them. You MAY be lucky enough to track one down, but, I have told you its not there.

Again, these have never been fitted, even the rubber feet are still all attached together from manufacture.

Open to offers on these, original selling price of them was £228.55 + VAT = £268.54 ($413.82). I am aware that the missing Honda cover may be an issue for some and would expect offers to reflect this. I wouldn't expect offers to try an exploit this !!

PLEASE bear in mind, I am in the UK, and these are quite large items, so shipping wont be cheap. I will be completely transparent with shipping costs, and show you whatever quotes I get, I have no concerns about you arranging your own courier if you wish, and items will be packed to within an inch of their lives !!

Thanks for reading !!

Si

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not personally interested in your parts, however, I think you may be expecting to get a little too much for them. I know prices in teh UK are a little higher and shipping could be expensive (especially across the pond) but in the US we can buy a brand new Thule or Yakima Rack with better capability (weight rating) for less than you are asking for the clip on factory rack.
Additionally, we could probably buy an entire replacement bumber over here (maybe even JDM) for the price you are asking for the grill insert. I'm not assuming that you're trying to rip anyone off or anything, but I think you have to accept that you are not going to get anywhere near what you paid for them since you are selling them second hand (even if they are new/in box condition)
I'd expect you to be able to get 50% of original cost, but that may even be a stretch since you are in the UK but it is hard to say.
And, FYI the link in my signature is nearly a year old and I still haven't sold everything in that thread...

Good luck with the sales

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not personally interested in your parts, however, I think you may be expecting to get a little too much for them. I know prices in teh UK are a little higher and shipping could be expensive (especially across the pond) but in the US we can buy a brand new Thule or Yakima Rack with better capability (weight rating) for less than you are asking for the clip on factory rack.
Additionally, we could probably buy an entire replacement bumber over here (maybe even JDM) for the price you are asking for the grill insert. I'm not assuming that you're trying to rip anyone off or anything, but I think you have to accept that you are not going to get anywhere near what you paid for them since you are selling them second hand (even if they are new/in box condition)
I'd expect you to be able to get 50% of original cost, but that may even be a stretch since you are in the UK but it is hard to say.
And, FYI the link in my signature is nearly a year old and I still haven't sold everything in that thread...

Good luck with the sales
I feel this is something you should have told the seller personally. I think to the right buyer, these parts will be worth it.

Also, even if they offer roof racks that can support more weight, doesnt mean they are the best. here in america, people think bigger is better. while Honda Genuine does all the research and testing for their products. Im sure the aftermarket doesnt do as much testing as Honda OE

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Pm me. Interested in both items shipped if you can do a package deal. To Utica NY 13501
You do realize you are responding to a 3 year old thread, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts